Friday, January 30, 2009

Yippee!! My Husband is Coming Home Today!

My husband, Steve is coming home. No, he is not in the military and hasn’t been gone long. Only 3 days, but boy does it feel like forever. Now my daughter and I can eat home cooked meals. Let me just say, I can cook but don’t really like to, but we have been getting by. Thank goodness for fast food!



As I said, Steve has only been gone a few days and I have NOT done a good job being both mom and dad. Steve is an IT Consultant and has a pretty flexible schedule. He helps Emily with her homework; he cooks, and can run her to her extra activities while I am still at work or on the way home from work. When I get home, all homework is done and supper is ready. I have a great man. The only good thing about him being gone is I have been going to work late and coming home early.

While he has been gone, I have had to help with homework, get supper ready (thank you McDonald’s), and get her to her extra activities. This has not been an easy task, but we are doing alright. On top of doing all of this, which I normally do not do, I started a blog. Have I lost my mind??



Well last night, I had to take my daughter to one of her activities. No problem, I can handle this, I was a stay at home mom for 8 years after all. Emily had to be somewhere at 6:15, and I was on the computer blogging and she came in at 6:00 and said, “Mommy, isn’t it time to go?” I looked at the clock and I said, “No, we have plenty of time to get there.” I finished my note, went downstairs, looked at the clock and it was 6:11. I scream up to Emily “Come on we have to go! We only have 4 minutes to get there! Hurry up!” (like it was her fault we were running late). We get in the car and she said in her all knowing 11 1/2 year old wisdom, “Mommy, I told you, we had to go at 6:00. It’s not my fault we are going to be late.” I couldn’t help but laugh. Needless to say, I got her there on time. You have to love small towns.
To make this long story short “Yippee my husband is coming home today” and I can go back to just being the MOM!

13 comments:

Kristen said...

Sounds like you guys have a pretty good agrrangement. You're lucky he helps so much.

That Emily sure is wise for her age. She is going to keep you on schedule!

I'm so glad you joined blogville!
I love Mc D's also :-)

Shana said...

I wish I had a guy like that!!!!

Lynette said...

Good thing hubs is coming home - now you can get back on your schedule and Emily won't have to jump in and be your "clock"!!

Meghan was like that when she was little - she still is come to think of it!!

Thank goodness for fast food and I love the computer girl - is that what you looked like I wonder??

tollesons4him said...

Glad your hubby is coming home today!! I wish my hubs knew how to cook, he does help a lot with homework but it would help out a lot more if he knew how to cook.
Glad you got her to her game on time 4 1/2 minutes YOU GO GIRL!!!

Melissa Miller said...

Yippee!
I can relate...I haven't been able to stop blogging for three months straight. LOL!

Have a wonderful weekend.
~Melissa :)

Tootsie said...

well!!! hello new friend! I am so glad you stopped in!
My husband is gone three weeks and home one. It sucks big time and does not make things easy either!
I am glad you get releif from being a single parent today! I have three kids...I know how you feel!

tam said...

LoL Lori! I can so relate, my husband is an IT guy too and travels sometimes as well. In fact my husband was gone this week for a few days too and just got home late last night. When he is gone it's like being a single parent-uuggh! He likes to cook too. I do a lot of the cooking but he always makes breakfast on the weekend. He had today off so we slept in-oh that was great and then he made waffles for breakfast! He always makes big breakfast on his days off. Our granddaughter calls them "Pop Pop" breakfast, (because thats what she calls her grandpa). I am sooo glad my hubby is home! Have fun with your family, and have a wonderful weekend!~Smiles~Tam!

mbkatc230 said...

What a great hubby you have! Mine helps out alot, but I draw the line at letting him in our kitchen - after all I just got it renovated lol. He can make a mean cheesesteak, but that's about it (oh he can pour a bowl of cereal too), but when he's done my kitchen looks like Grant through Richmond! Glad you get to stop being a single parent, it's rough when they are involved in extra-c stuff. Have a great day, Kathy

tardevil said...

Sounds exactly like something that would happen to me. I get called out ALOT! My daughter & I use to eat out all the time when my husband traveled. Who wants to cook, much less do the dishes?

marty39 said...

Yippee!!! Good for you that he is coming home. It's hard to take over all the jobs by yourself. Your daughter sounds like a real doll to help out so much. Now relax and enjoy him being home. Hugs, Marty

Kimm at Reinvented said...

You're lucky to have a man that cooks!!! My hubby is GREAT with the kids, but cooking...not so much. Enjoy your reunion.

t i m said...

sounds like you have him well trained. just kidding. :)

Neabear said...

I had to laugh at this post. You are lucky to have the husband you have. You also reminded me of my days when the kids were still home and busy with their stuff. I was sometimes running around in circles. One time I totally forgot to take my daughter to her dance class. I was so mad at myself. My daughter kept telling me it was ok. I told her no it wasn't. We pay for these classes I should not be forgetting to take you. Never forgot again after that. My mother forgot me at the orthodontist one time. I sat there and waited for I don't know how long before she realized she forgot to go back and pick me up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails