Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Emily's First Valentine's Dance in Middle School!

Last Friday, my daughter's school had a Valentine’s Day dance. Emily had talked about going as soon as they announced the dance.

After much anticipation, Friday was finally here, yippee! Emily, acting as if the dance is not a big deal, went outside and played for a while… a long while. I don’t think I need to tell you that when a child plays outside how they smell when they come in…. if you don’t know. . . it is not the sweetest smell…. I told her to go shower and get ready, but my sweet child argued with me saying she was fine and was going as is. Needless to say, I flipped out. After I explained, that she had to shower because she stunk, she agreed to shower and I would do her hair and make-up. I think the bribe of make up did the trick. Now, under normal circumstances, she is not allowed to wear make-up, but since this was a dance and a special occasion, I thought it should be a treat… Daddy wasn’t real happy about the make-up part, but I told him it would be all right… You know how dad's can be??


Emily doing the model pose! All clean and smelling GOOD!




Very excited!


Peace sign! Not sure why she does this pose!


When she came home, she said her legs hurt, her ears were ringing, and she had a huge smile on her face! My baby is growing up!

15 comments:

Lynette said...

How pretty and all grown up she looks - why DOES she do the peace sign I wonder??

Glad she had fun and got a spotlight on your blog!!

roy/elisabeth dean said...

Wow! Emily is a beauty....
I think they all do the peace sign and serious face pose. Molly, my 15 year old pulls that in almost every picture!
Have a wonderful day~
♥ Lilly

Debra said...

Lori,

She is soo adorable! And my baby is 16 and stands 6'5"...sigh! Thanks for grabbing my button. I just won a free blog makeover! I am so excited because I feel like a dinosaur when it comes to the computer! lol

The girl who is doing it is offering a special right now if you are interested.

Happy Tuesday to you!

Chari said...

Mornin' Girlfriend...

Your Emily is beautiful! We're going through the same thing at our place...our Danielle is 13 yrs. old and will be going to her very first Valentine's Day Dance this coming Friday! I have so many mixed emotions...bittersweet...I'm excited for her and yet I'm dragging my feet on the seeing her growing up part!

Have a terrific Tuesday, my friend!
Chari

tollesons4him said...

Awwww I remember those days, she is a little beauty and she cleaned up well. Glad she had a great time
oh, and I grabbed your button to put on my blog :)

DiPaola Momma said...

OH gosh these milestones are bittersweet huh? My oldest is 15 and I just cringed at his first dance.. I think I'll fare better than Dad when our oldest daughter (she is 9 now) goes to her first dance.

Thanks for just stopping by today, it was nice to get a "just cuz" bit o' the comment wub. I'm working on annother post.. but I'm also on a deadline for some of my freelance stuff.. and there is the whole house cleaning and 4 kids thing.. so WHO KNOWS when I'll get that post up!

Kristen said...

Yes she is and growing into a beautiful yound woman!

The makeup looks great!

Melissa Miller said...

She is so pretty!
She is growing up. :)

mbkatc230 said...

What a beautiful girl. I remember when Cait went to her first dance, the combination of excitement and trepidation and worry and happiness . . . Now I just go through that when we get the tuition bill lol. How fun for you and Emily! Kathy (and yes, they all do that peace sign thing - don't get it, but I think that's the point)

JyLnC said...

Her beautiful smile says it all. She looks happy and grown up but not too grown up. My dad was like that about makeup, too.

tam said...

Awww the joys of motherhood! LoL! Your girl looks so cute and happy! I think it is actually harder on us parents when our kids reach certain mile stones-don't you?
Hang in there mom there's sooo many more to come!~Smiles~Tam!

Kimm at Reinvented said...

She's beautiful! I remember my daughter's first middle school dance (she's doing the high school thing now, yikes), such a transition time, but fun.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

She is beautiful!!

Glad she had fun at the dance!!

nikkicrumpet said...

she is beautiful...and I love her serious "cool dude" pose lol

tiburon said...

Awww she is super cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails