Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My First I wonder Wednesday!

I wonder Wednesday is hosted by none other than our lovely Tardevil at Confessions of a 40-Something Mama Queen...






I have a few things that I have been wondering this week.



I wonder why Emily did not make the three pointer last night at her basketball game…. The ball went in the basket and then came out. She got robbed.

I have been wondering about Mount Vesuvius… This is from Wikipedia - Mount Vesuvius (in
Italian Monte Vesuvio and in Latin Mons Vesuvius) is an active stratovolcano east of Naples, Italy. It is the only volcano on the European mainland to have erupted within the last hundred years, although it is not currently erupting.

Mount Vesuvius is on the coast of the
Bay of Naples, about nine kilometers (six miles) east of Naples and a short distance from the shore. It is conspicuous in the beautiful landscape presented by that bay, when seen from the sea, with Naples in the foreground. Mount Vesuvius is best known for its eruption in AD 79 that led to the destruction of the Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum.

The height of the main cone has been constantly changed by eruptions but presently is 1,281 m (4,202 ft).

Now that you know a little bit about Mount Vesuvius I wonder why it keeps appearing on my face…. And I wonder why people tell me “you know your face is braking out” Well, DUH!!!!! I would have never known that. Don’t you think I notice something on my face that is as large as Mount Vesuvius??? I wonder why people need to point this out..




Most of you know that I don’t see a lot of traffic, but when we go to our beach place we have to go through Raleigh, NC on interstate 40, and it is usually around 5pm, when we are heading that way. I wonder why people have to ride our bumper in all of that traffic it’s not like we can go any where. When you look in the rear view mirror you can see them getting mad… I wonder where they think we are going to go in all of the traffic…


These are just few things that I have wondered about this week. Stop by
Tardevil to she what she and others are wondering...


19 comments:

tardevil said...

Thanks for playing along! My daughter had that same problem (in fact her entire team did - nothing would go in) at her game last Sat. What killed me when I use to drive I-40, was that people would also be reading their newspapers or putting on mascara while in that traffic. I LOVED driving beside or near them! What beach are you at?

Melissa Miller said...

Hey Lori, :)

I was given a date of the 25th (today).
"The Shabee Chick" is doing my blog makeover.
I haven't heard from her yet though.
I'm not sure at all how it all works.
I've never done this before...Hmmm...

All of a sudden just last night all of the blogs I "follow" have vanished from my profile page.

I'm still following 129 blogs according to my other page.
I checked quite a few other blogs out just to see if I'm still there.

I tell you what... it's driving me crazy because I would go to my profile page and visit other blogs that way alot.
I tried and tried to fix it last night.
I noticed Gloria's at Happy To Be did the same thing.
Most people's are fine though.
If you know how to fix it let me know...

~Thanks, Melissa :)

tardevil said...

Lori,
Our place is at N. Myrtle. Maybe if you, Lynette & I are all down there at the same time over the summer, we can get together. We're near Barefoot Landing.

Melissa Miller said...

That is funny!!! :)

I've had quite a few Mt Vesuviuses in my day...LOL!

Kristina P. said...

I used to be so fascniated with Vesuvius and Pompeii, and all the people who were basically entombed in ash. Sorry it's on your face!

Happy To Be said...

GM Lori great I wonder why post today..I wonder why we still have Newspapers when everyone get their news on TV or on the internet now?? Sorry about the thingy on your face..I would't have known girl unless you told me ha ha!! hope a great day with the traffic...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Kristen said...

I can match your Mount Vesuvius with one of my own. It's on the edge of my jaw bone which makes it look 1000000000 times bigger then it really is.
Doesn't my face know I'm not 16 anymore!!!

Melissa Miller said...

Thanks Lori, :)
I'll check her blog out.

Lori said...

Just stopping by. It is funny, my daughter has been learning about Mt. Vesuvius in her homeschool coop.

Found you through SITS, and wanted to say- awesome name!

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Lori, Funny your talking about Mt. Vesuvius. I have had small Mt. Vesuvius eruptions since I was about 13 and it is actually getting worse! I've been on prescription medicine and creams that do NOT work! The derm. said it's adult acne! Mine are just little bumps all over my face, yuck! I'm so sick of it, I'm thinking about going to another derm. because the one I've been going to will just put me on more creams and pills that don't work. Ugggg....I guess it could be worse and they could be huge! Ok....just had to get that out! Yes, I can change the ribbon on the frames, just let me know your colors and the one you like! Thanks, Kristen

Staci said...

haha your too funny!!!

tollesons4him said...

Awww sorry your daughter missed the 3 point shot last night.

Justine/Justiney/Tiney said...

Hi Lori! Just wanted to say thank you for stopping by today! If I had a spare minute, I'd read your blog, but I'm in the middle of moving from one house to another, and just sat down to have a cigarette and read some emails. I LOVE your blog background. Where did you get it?

Justine :o )

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
I enjoyed your wonderings.
The one thing I always wonder when I am on a long road journey is why there are sometimes shoes at the side of the road. Just one shoe there on it's own. I wonder how it got there, what happened to the other shoe and how someone got home wearing just one shoe. Weird I know!!!
Lindsay

lov said...

i'm new here, and love it!
i'm gonna have to follow you!

stop by if you get a chance!

JyLnC said...

There's nothing quite like someone stating the obvious just in case you didn't notice. My son went through the same situation...it drove him crazy.

Since I live in the Chicago suburbs I, too, have wondered about bumper to bumper traffic. :>)

mbkatc230 said...

Love your "wonderings" today. Mt. Vesuvius, you are too funny. And do you wonder how they drive in bumper to bumper traffic while texting, reading the paper or applying makeup? I do. Kathy

tam said...

Hi Lori! Too bad about your daughter's game-darn it anyway! But better luck next time!
Don't ya just love how people love to pint out the obvious? LOL! Happens to me all the time!
Hope you are having a fun week~Tam!

Justine/Justiney/Tiney said...

I couldn't imagine why you were pondering Mt. Vesuvius. All I could think to myself is, "It's like my face." Then I get to the end and that's WHY you were pondering it! LOL

Justine :o )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails