Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What do I encounter on my way to work?

I know when some of you are on your way to work or coming home from work you encounter traffic…








When I go to work, I encounter different things and it is not traffic…

It never fails when I am going to work at 6:15 a.m. I always seem to run into the person with their bright lights on and they will not turn them down…Hello, I can’t see….and it’s rude…


I have to watch out for deer…I have actually hit a deer… Well, if the truth be told the deer hit me…







I have to watch out for skunks, squirrels, rabbits, rodents, chickens, and every other wild life out there. It is very nerve racking, but some how I make it to work… My knuckles are white and my palms are sweaty, but I make it….






It was real foggy one morning as I was on my way to work, and I saw a big black shadow in the rode. The safe driver that I am… I started to slow down and thank goodness I did. There was this huge cow in my lane. I honked the horn, but he would not move. I ended up having to go around him. Thank goodness there was not another car with their bright lights on heading my way… The next week, as I was on my way home I hit a chicken trying to cross the street…


I also have to watch out for Mr. Farmer hauling his tobacco or whatever he is hauling… Mr. Farmer has no lights on his tractor so it is very hard to see him on the rode. I have almost rear ended him on a few occasions. Hello Mr. Farmer, why don’t you get some lights on your tractor and make is safer for me to see you?




Mister Farmer, Deers, Skunks, Squirrels, Rabbits, Chickens, Cows, Rodents, please stay in the woods or wherever it is you live while I am traveling to and from work…

P.S. To the people with their bright lights on please turn them down if you are passing me on the rode...

Everyone please drive safely..


Lori

19 comments:

angi_b72 said...

Oh i know...I can not stand it when people do this!! I go to work at 530-6am in the morning, dark dark on the road i am on and it never fails some moron has to have his brights on. I am immedietely flashing mine at him/her!!!

Happy To Be said...

GM Lori...Girl I am laughing right now...about the Chicken that didn't cross the road..its a mental picture with me now that will stick in my pea brain all day..and girl you sound like the country roads I have up here..hope you have a safe trip to work...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

tollesons4him said...

People can be really rude sometimes with their bright lights, I can't stand it when they are behind me with their brights on.
Watch out for those deer and especially the skunks sheeweee..
Have a great day!!

Lorie said...

I apologize in advance because I always accidentally have my brights on without knowing it!

Chris said...

Sorry, but you made me laugh. But, I guess it would be a road hazzard. where we live, it,s bumper to bumper traffic, loud music and bouncing cars, road rage and dod I mention traffic. And when the snowbirds are her it's a nightmare. I've seen them put their arm out the window to stop traffic because they're in the wrong lane or worse yet, they want to turn 2 lanes over.You take your life in your own hands everyday here when you get in your car. I wish, I lived in the country.:)

Hugs,
Chris

nikkicrumpet said...

YIKES...I think I'll stick with the horrors of traffic. Although I hit a dear going 70 on the pike last year....bunged up my truck something awful...didn't do much for the deer either!

Kristina P. said...

I think I'll stick with the crazy cars and drivers! :)

Kristen said...

LOL man where do you live that you encounter ALL that :-)

The bright lights on REALLY bugs me too!

B said...

I think you're trying to rub it in! Actually, in a couple of months my husband will be looking at similar things as you on his trips homes, not as many farms, but open fields that go on forever.

*sigh*

Got to love it.

tardevil said...

We've hit a dear before too, and that is NO FUN! Be careful! I seem to be the school bus and person who can drive the posted speed magnet!

tardevil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chari said...

Hey Girlfriend...

I do apologize at being so late to get over here...yesterday ended up being one of those hectic days with absolutely no computer time...hehe!!!

First of all, I just wanted to thank you for the "Best Blog Daily Thinker" award...you are so sweet to think of me!!! And congrats on your receiving it...very well deserved, my friend!!! I'll post my award soon...again, thank you, Sweetie!!!

Girl, you always just crack me up! I do enjoy reading your blog! It sounds like your drive to work takes you right through the middle of "Old MacDonald's Farm"...hehe!!! I guess that could be a hazard...please, drive careful!!! You know, you have to eat whatever you kill...hehe!!! Just kidding!

Have a great day, my friend!
Love ya,
Chari

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
Oh goodness you sound to have very eventful journeys to work! I laughed about the cow. What a sight that must have been!
I am lucky I do not have to drive to work in the dark. You would not find deer or anything like that on our roads but there are plenty of squashed hedgehogs around!
Thanks for your comment. I will be back to your blog too.
Enjoy your day.
Lindsay

Melissa Miller said...

Lori!!!
Oh my goodness....That is some scary sounding stuff you encounter. Yikes!

I'm not kidding I would have had a serious wreck by now if that was me.
I am not a very confident driver.

Take Care, ~Melissa :)

mbkatc230 said...

Lori, sounds like we have the same trip to work! I actually live in the middle of "town", but I still encounter deer, raccoons, cats (lots of cats), no chickens or farmers, but the occasional dog walker who's crazy enough to be out at 6 am wearing black clothes and walking a black dog! Kathy

tardevil said...

Thanks for letting me know. I've been trying to catch up today, and have thought about sending her an e-mail because I've noticed she has been MIA. I was wondering how your mom was doing. Sorry to hear Lynette is sick. She's probably worn out! I will link to you tomorrow for I Wonder Wednesday!

kelly said...

Hehehe....how funny! I live in a mountainous region in Idaho, and the drive to work requires total concentration! The deer, elk, and wild turkey are abundant, and just as soon as you think you're in the clear, it's time to keep an eye open for mountain slides and huge rocks in the road...all the while, you're in low range four wheel drive 'cuz the road is a sheet of ice! As for those rude drivers who insist on driving with thier brights on, turn your rear view mirror completly around and give 'em a dose of their own medicine! :)

Lora said...

Sounds like where I grew up.
Now I deal with serious traffic...and I'm not sure which I prefer!

Found you on SITS...have a beautiful day!

JyLnC said...

And I thought driving in the suburbs was full of problems. I forgot what it's like in the rural areas...wildlife.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails