Monday, February 16, 2009

You have to love the "80's"

You Know You Grew Up In the 80's IF:


You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.




You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton.



It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.



You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.



You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side .

You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.


You know the profound meaning of ' WAX ON , WAX OFF'



You wanted to be a Goonie.



You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off, his cheeks shifted and his nationality became questionable.
You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.

You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.



You still get the urge to say 'NOT' after every sentence.


You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.




You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.


After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying 'I know you are, but what am I?'




You remember 'I've fallen and I can't get up'



You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.




You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!
Your hair looked like this for at least 1 school picture!




Enjoy!!! Happy Monday!

16 comments:

tiburon said...

Totally!

I remember all of these and then some :)

Kristina P. said...

OH my gosh! I loved the handmade bracelets! I was only 12 in 1989, but I remember all these things well.

tollesons4him said...

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down.... I am guilty of every last one! It's so funny how some of it is making a comeback.

Kristen said...

I was so IN the 80's.

Loved this post!

Shana said...

Marissa and I just recently rented KarateKid so I could show her what I meant when I said, "Wax on, Wax off"
I finished high school in 1985. Still LOVE 80s music!!!! (I have all my cassette tapes still!!)

Staci said...

This was sooo Rad!! loved it!

marty39 said...

Lori, you just crack me up. Even though I grew up way before the 80's, I do so remember all those things. Very funny. Hugs, Marty

Melissa Miller said...

Okay I am seriously laughing my head off!!!!

Jelly shoes...OH YEAH BABY!
LOVED THEM! :)

presious said...

you are truly telling your age!! LOL! Wow! What great memories! I was a freshman in college, but I do remember all these things!

Debra said...

Oh my goodness....too cute! I remember those...but I was a teen by then! I love the 80's...!! Fun stuff, my friend.


Happy Monday to you!

Van said...

Lori, I am glad I came over today. You made me smile and I totally remember the 80's - NOT because my children were growing up then! Fun walk down memory lane...

Chari said...

Hey Girlfriend...

I just love it when you stop by...thanks for your sweet comment!!!

Girl, I just can't wait to show Russell your 80's post...he was in high school during the 80's and of course just loves everything about it...hehe! Now me...well, I'm just a wee bit older...I grew up in the previous decade...hehe!!!

Thanks for posting this, Russell will get a hoot out of it!!!

Love ya,
Chari

Tootsie said...

I so remember all of this....the other day my now 4 year old Siked me! I nearly died as she had me!

mbkatc230 said...

What a fun post. I grew up way before the 80's, but I do remember these things (hey I was older, not dead). And I remember Michael Jackson when he was a cute little 6 year old singing with his brothers, first concert I ever went to! Kathy

JyLnC said...

What a fun trip down memory lane. Why was there only on female smurf?

Anonymous said...

Lori, I love your blogs. This one was really cute. Just to catch up, I loved your back yard pictures, very pretty. And of course, the star of the blog is Emily and she looked really pretty all dressed up and smelling good! Love, AB

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails