Thursday, February 26, 2009

You have to love small town America!!

The other day when I was heading home from work I spotted this sign and it made me laugh! So the good blogger that I am I had to stop and get a picture… As most of you know I live in a small town, and this is a convenience store down the road from my house. The name of the street is Depot Street.


It appears that they are trying to jump start the economy!!! I don’t know how many jobs this will create and I don’t know if it will stimulate the economy, but dog gone it they are trying!!! I just wonder how many foreclosures this single action will prevent?

I suspect the Depot Street stimulus package will be just as effective as the one dreamed up on Pennsylvania Avenue.

If it tells you anything about these folks, last week the sign said "we got gas.” I wonder if the two are related?

Do you think this will stimulate the economy?

12 comments:

Staci said...

haha, jay has a shirt that says "i got gas" LOL

Happy To Be said...

GM Lori, Always a fun visit here with my coffee each morning..hope you have a GREAT dau dear friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

nikkicrumpet said...

Hey I love using the excuse..."I'm trying to stimulate the economy" everytime I buy something my hubby doesn't think I need. It makes me feel noble hehe.

marty39 said...

Well, didn't they say we were all going to get an extra $13. I guess we can really turn the economy around with that. lol Hugs, Marty

lov said...

haha!!
milk does give some people gas
so maybe they are related!

Kristina P. said...

I bought a shirt for my friend from Joe's Crab Shack that said "I got crabs." His mom wasn't impressed.

tollesons4him said...

That is too funny!! I don't know if it will help the stimulus or not but I know it will get a few laughs.

Kristen said...

Don't know if it will but at least tthey are trying...LOL

Chari said...

Mornin' Girlfriend...

You gotta love living "life in a small town"...we only have about 26 people that live in our little town of Dailey...hehe! Of course, we are in between a couple of towns...they are both very small too!

Well my friend...I love the photo and say that it's indictive of the times in which we are living! Bless their hearts...at least they're trying to help the economy (like you said)! I'm almost positive that their help will touch more of us "little people" than the folks' "big plans" on Capitol Hill!!! But, you don't want to get me started on that....

Have a great day, Sweetie! Sure glad that you stopped by my place...thank you so much for your sweet comments...I sure do appreciate them!!!

Love ya,
Chari

Lindsay-ann said...

Our economy in England is just as bad at the moment. I was just in our local town yesterday and was amazed how many stores had closed down. Many of them had been there for years. I hope your economy picks up soon and ours too.
Lindsay

mbkatc230 said...

This is a scream. I do so love small towns. Ours is growing too much for my taste, but still has alot of that small town charm. Great shot, and you are definitely a true blogger. Always have that camera handy lol. Kathy

tiburon said...

That is funny - it sure can't hurt right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails