Wednesday, March 11, 2009

3/52

Carin over at Forever in Blue Jeans is issuing everyone a challenge!




52 Weeks is a year long challenge for YOU to be in a picture once a week for 52 weeks. We are always the ones behind the camera, this is YOUR chance to get out in front and be in the pictures with our family. We are gald you are joining this challenge. More importantly your family will really enjoy having you in the picture. Thanks for playing along! Oh, you can just jump in now with 1 of 52, you're not getting off that easy! Now go take a picture! Carin has added a Mr. Linky on Thursdays...so that we can check out each others pictures!



What can I say about this picture?? We were in Nevada at some friend’s (Rod McQueary) house who happens to be a REAL cowboy. Rod is originally from Nevada's Ruby Valley, third-generation rancher and appeared on The Johnny Carson Show. While we were visiting him and his wife Sue, I saw a painting and asked who was in the painting and they told me it was Rod riding a bull. Well, of course I had to ask if they still had all of the gear he wore, and they did, so you know I had to try it all on. I put on his shirt, chaps, boots, and hat and here is what I looked like. Rod of course looked better in his gear than I did, being the REAL cowboy that he is, but I enjoyed looking like a cowgirl, if it was only for a few minutes.

(You can click on the picture to enlarge, and see the painting.)



29 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh No You Just Didn't!! I have never seen that and you look too funny!!

Love it!

Robyn said...

Looks like great fun to dress up like that, you look great!

angi_b72 said...

lol...great looking cowgirl!! Too funny!

Carin said...

How fun is that! Your smile is infectious! I can't help but smile too. Great memory!

Red Thread said...

Lookin' good! Now all you need is a horse! Great picture.

tollesons4him said...

LOVE IT!!!

Kristina P. said...

You look hot!!

McCrakensx4 said...

Where's your horse?...what a fun picture!

Anonymous said...

Fun...fun...fun! Yee Hah! m-b

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Love that cowgirl outfit! You look cute all dressed up to ride the range!

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Emery's said...

I snorted. Funny.

jen@odbt said...

You make one good-looking cowgirl! What fun!

Melissa Miller said...

Lori you are just the cutest thing in that outfit! ;)

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm not brave enough, but you go girl!!

LenaLoo said...

Too cute! And thanks for stalking me :)

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori, You look quite the cow girl. Great picture. Thanks for sharing.
Lindsay

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Hee Haw!!! lol

Leah said...

You look so authentic! ;)

Femin Susan said...

Hi...
great looking cowgirl!! Too funny!

He And Me + 3 said...

That is hysterical. How big were those boots on you?

Shasta said...

That is so cool! What a fun picture!

Leslie said...

Cute Lori, fun picture. Thanks for visiting my blog. Yours is really nice.

Wibeche og Rune said...

Thank you for stop by our blog, and thank you so much for so sweet comment.

Great picture:)

Wib.

Kim said...

What a brave woman you are. Great memory and picture of you, the MOM!

Neabear said...

Love it! I think it is cute. Also I can see the brick and board bookcases. We used to do that when we were first married. I even painted the bricks and boards for my son's room when he was young.

Allison said...

This week was my first in the 52 week challenge.

Very cute duds! you look like a natural ;D

Jannie Funster said...

Yes, love the cowgirl get-up.

I am not cute enough anymore to be photographed twice a year - lt alone 52 times!!. (Or so I think.)

Boo, hoo, whine whine.

:)

kathy said...

How fun! I need to dress up like this!

Aunt Bug said...

Lori, WOW, the real thing! I love the picture! AB

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails