Sunday, March 29, 2009

National League of Junior Cotillions Emily's last ball of the season!

Emily has attended National League of Junior Cotillions for 2 years. This was the last ball of the season. This was the Grand Spring Ball.

This came from answers dot com.

In the United States, Cotillion has become training that children and young adults attend to learn manners and proper social behavior in the context of formal dance. The participants dress in formal attire and some cotillions emphasize the use of white gloves. Modern day American Cotillion takes the form of classes and parties. These programs use dance as an interactive tool that breaks down inhibitions and teaches important social skills. Some of the ballroom dances currently taught include waltz, foxtrot, tango, swing, and cha cha.

Junior Cotillion places as much emphasis on etiquette, manners and character education as it does on dancing. The social and character education components of the program include rules of proper telephone courtesy, acknowledgments of gifts, introductions, receiving lines, participating in group settings, polite conversation, paying and receiving compliments, sports etiquette, first impressions, dress code for all occasions, manners in the home and in public places, table manners, formal place settings, styles of dining including American, Asian, and Continental, skills involved in being a guest, hostess or host, and many other areas of social behavior. Other topics covered are the ethics involved in the areas of having honor, dignity, respect, honesty, fairness, a caring attitude, accountability, and citizenship.

The above came from http://www.nljc.com/juniorcotillion6.htm



Emily getting a manicure and pedicure before the ball.


Toes and nails drying.


Make-up and hair have to be done before the ball.



Emily wore a white dress.


Striking the pose.

Hair, make-up, and lipstick all done!




Emily and others participating in a contest. Emily and her partner came in 1st place.
She won a beta fish.



Emily and Steve dancing together. They did the Waltz.


They are getting better! I thought the two of them dancing was very sweet!






24 comments:

Lynette said...

How sweet - love the one of her and Steve dancing!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is my beautiful granddaughter...she is such a princess...always has been...loves the sparkles...BUT she can play basketball just as tuff as she can get those nailas and toes manicured.....she is a true joy.....I am one lucky grandmother.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
Thanks for explaining about the Junior Cotillions. It sounds a great group to be part of. Well done Emily for getting 1st place. She looks really beautiful and her dress is gorgeous. I love the picture of her dancing with her Dad.
Best Wishes
Lindsay

Red Thread said...

awww....that truly looked like a special day, and very interesting about the Junior cotillions.

marty39 said...

Congratulations to Emily. She is such a very lovely little lady. I know you are so proud and well you should be. Hugs, Marty

Yaya said...

That so cute!

I wish I had reasons to get fancy these days! :)

What did you think of her "prize"?

tam said...

Congrats Emily!(and mom too!) Father and daughter dance is sooo sweet! Emily looked lovely in her dress! Awww brought back memories...Smiles~Tam!

Debra said...

Oh Lori....this is just precious, my friend. She looks stunning and her dancing is just a priceless moment!

Blessings to you today!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

She looks very beautiful!! Congrats on the 1st place!!!

Justine/Justiney/Tiney said...

Holy cow, Lori, I didn't even know stuff like this still existed! I thought it was a deep south, old-time thing. How very cool for Emily!!!!!!!

Now tell me, has it improved her table manners? Because my almost-12-year-old still farts during dinner. LOL

Justine :o )

Shana said...

She looks so good.

JyLnC said...

I love the idea of this and I had no idea it even existed. I could have used training like this when I was a preteen.

Great picture of her dancing with her father!

mbkatc230 said...

Lori, she looks lovely. The picture of her dancing with her father is priceless. What a wonderful evening, I know you must be so proud of her. Kathy

Tristan said...

Of course you can still enter the giveaway-the more the merrier!!


Oh, and Emily is beautiful :)

Ronnica said...

She looks so sweet! A boy a babysat did Cotillions and greatly disliked it...but then again, he's a typical boy.

The Daily Dean Chronicals said...

This was such a treasured moment! Be proud of raising a beautiful daughter! Thanks for sharing the pic's and moment!

tardevil said...

That is sweet! And does she look exactly like you, or what? I am feeling better, thanks for asking, although I do have to admit that it is KILLING ME that I am not at the beach today! I know you must be feeling the same way! LOL!

Rachel said...

So sweet. I love the picture of her and Steve dancing. That almost made my heart melt!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today and entering my giveaway! Good luck!

nikkicrumpet said...

I think that's a splendid idea. So many times our young ones don't learn manners and social niceties. I for one don't think those are "outdated ideas". She looks beautiful and really happy. I'm glad she had a great time.

Jill said...

She looks like an angel. She looks so beautiful. I love the pic of her dancing! :)

The Emery's said...

Good job, Emily! You look BEA-U-TIFUL :)

Aunt Bug said...

Lori, Emily looks so beautiful and way to "growing up"!! You and Steve look nice too! Looked like a very fun night!

Anonymous said...

Yes, That is me, Emily! Thanks for all of the nice comments. I use my manners, most of the time! LOL!
Love Ya,
Em

Neabear said...

This was fun to read. I didn't know Junior Cotillions excisted. Cool to learn something new.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails