Wednesday, September 30, 2009

This "Old Bathroom"

Guess what I found Monday night on my kitchen ceiling?

Give up???

A big old water stain!!!! Where was the water coming from you might ask, well it was is coming from my bathroom upstairs!!!

When I arrived home last night, my hubby was ripping out the plaster trying to see where the leak was coming from. All the pipes were dry, so that means it’s not a busted pipe in the wall, so now we have to remove the bathtub. It could be the pipes under the tub. The bathtub is cast iron and very heavy! We plan on removing it tonight! Oh what fun!

We have a new project on our hands!!! One that we did not want to take on last night!

Our bathroom is not that big, but it's still a pain in the neck!


I wanted to get some before pictures, but my hubby already started tearing the walls out before I got home!!!

I am showing you the mess we now have!




Thought the leak was in the wall. Of course it's not!



Straight shot from the door! Love the toilet in the bathtub. When the people before us remodeled they did a great terrible job.

This is the other wall reflecting in the mirror. We are going to tear that wall down and make the bathroom bigger.


Here is the best part of the bathroom! The floor! Don't you just love it???
I will keep you posted and try to show you pictures of our progress!
The only good thing that has come out of this is I have always loved hated this bathroom and now I get to redo it the way I want to! It's all good!

By the way my house is 85 years old!!!!

10 comments:

Lynette said...

OMG - I knew it was bad before, but NOT that bad!! Good luck sisto!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
Good luck with finding out where the leak is. I don't envy you with all the mess. I am still recovering from having our bathroom re-fitted in August. LOL.
Keep us updated!
Lindsay
x

Darcie said...

Wow...nothing like starting a project whether you want to or not! I like how you are putting a positive spin on it though...it's all in our attitude.

Can't wait to see the finished project.

Heart2Heart said...

Lori,

I cringed just reading this. We had the same issue but thankfully it was just replacing the subflooring beneath our toilet. It ended up being a huge nightmare project.

Keep us up to date on what you find.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

mbkatc230 said...

As Pooh would say, "oh bother"! Aren't plumbing leaks just the worst thing? They are a bear to find (see my kitchen reno post - ours was UNDER the concrete slab!) But, the good news is that you get a new bathroom. I promise you, we had wanted to renovate our kitchen for 20 years, could never decide exactly what we wanted to do, so the leak decided for us! Kathy

SO said...

I think that water problems are the worst! At least you get a new bathroom out of it! Good luck finding the leak.

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Y I K E S !

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh yikes!! NO FUN!!!

Life on Bonnie Lane said...

Oh no! This almost makes me glad that I am a renter and no longer a homeowner! Yikes, what a project!

On the positive side, you get a new and improved bathroom!

Kady

Life on Bonnie Lane said...

Oh no! This almost makes me glad that I am a renter and no longer a homeowner! Yikes, what a project!

On the positive side, you get a new and improved bathroom!

Kady

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails