Sunday, October 18, 2009

~Bathroom Remodel slow going!~

My contractor (hubby) was sick the 1st week we noticed the leak.  He was able to stop the leak, which was under the bathtub before he got worse.  Did I tell you we had to move the tub which is cast iron, and is very very heavy?

The 2nd week he knock out a wall, and we finished cleaning it out.  This is going on week 3 and we finally have the floor out!!  The only thing in our bathroom are studs. (and I'm not talking cute guys either!)

We decided to call a plumber. (thank goodness! Not that my hubby can't do it.  It will be faster if a plumber does it.)  Let's just say we are starting over, and it has become difficult trying to figure out where to put everything.  I know you need your shower, toilet, and vanity... How hard can that be??  It's harder than you think! We finally figured out where we are placing everything, so the rest should be easy right? 
The plumber should be here on Tuesday!!  Keep your fingers crossed that he'll show up.

I'll post some pictures soon, but as of right now it's just studs, and it's not very pretty!! 

Click here for some pictures and here!


5 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Good for you for taking on this project. I was looking around my master bath this morning, and thinking about how much it needs a makeover! SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did...

All It's Cracked Up to Be?

Tonya said...

Good Luck. Visiting from SITS. Have a blessed day.
www.tuesdaysattonyas.blogspot.com

Lanie said...

Dropping in from SITS to say hi! :)

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

Hi, coming by way of SITS.

I love anything to do with home improvement. I can't wait to see the finished room. We've never taken on a remodel, but we did build the house we live in. It must be a struggle having a room torn up. I'm sure you are looking forward to the completion. Good luck!

Lynette said...

Ha Ha to the "studs"!!

Can't wait to see the final finished project and I know you'll be glad when it's all done too!!

Good Luck Sisto!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails