Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Love Plumbers!!!!




Some of you know that we had a leak in our master bathroom. We decided to hire a plumber because this is such a huge undertaking and we are re-arranging the entire bathroom.  We also tore down a wall to make the bathroom bigger and we are moving the bathroom pipes around to get the most out of our space.


We called a plumber (who has done work for us before) and he was suppose to show up last Tuesday, but didn’t show up until last Wednesday night. Now my bathroom has been cleaned out for about 3-4 weeks. We are all using one bathroom, and waiting on a plumber is quit irritating to say the least.

The plumber came by yesterday to see if he could get the pipes from the 2nd floor bathroom to the ground. Yep, you guessed it he was not able to do that, so here we sit another day with nothing happening. He decides to come back today to do something else. He is going to cut a hole in the side of our kitchen cabinet where out trashcan is, and see if he can come into that cabinet and then go down to the basement. He said if he could do this he would put a cut off valve right there for the upstairs plumbing and still not interfere with the trashcan.

This sounds like another mess to me, and guess who has to clean up??? Yep, you guessed correct again! ME!

Let me just say this little project is turning into a scary nightmare, and I want to wake up from this bad dream!!!

I know Halloween is suppose to be scary, but this is beyond scary!

Wish us luck everyone!!!

9 comments:

NM said...

Oh you poor things!And you have had all that rain too??? You're right- this is nightmarish....I hope that the scary days are over as soon as possible. Good luck and best wishes, NM.

Tootsie said...

Oh NO! why can't things just be easy???

Velva said...

Why isn't remodeling ever easy and stress free? Just keep thinking positive about how nice your master bathroom is going to be soon.

mbkatc230 said...

Yikes, Lori I really feel for you. We have had so many plumbing issues over the past couple of years that it's crazy. But luckily, we have a really great plumber who even works weekends for us when needed (and he doesn't charge an arm and a leg!) Hope this gets taken care of soon, I know sharing 1 bathroom has got to be so much fun - NOT! BTW, for some reason I can't get your new blog site to come up on my reading list? Any suggestions? I removed the old one and it still comes up, but the new one doesn't. You show on the blog roll, so I can catch your new posts from that, but thought you might want to know in case it's a blogger glitch. Kathy

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
I can't believe you are still waiting to get your bathroom re-done. 4 weeks is a long time to be waiting. 1 for us was long enough when we did ours. You must be so frustrated with your plumber. I hope you find a solution to your pipe problem and can get on with this soon.
Lindsay
x
PS I commented below too on your previous post.

Darcie said...

Yikes Lori...I have heard remodeling can be very interesting. Never done any...but you never know. Hopefully he doesn't charge by the hour, then you will really wonder what you are paying for. Good luck...can't wait to see the finish project.

Heart2Heart said...

Here is hoping that your bathroom plans will finally come together.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

NM said...

Is everything looking better yet? Hope so. I just wanted to let you know that I have given you an "award." Hope you don't mind being tagged? Come over and see...
Best wishes always, NM.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Yikes!! Good luck and keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails