Friday, October 2, 2009

This "Old Bathroom Part 2"

I thought if I was going through all of this!!!  Why not share it with my friends!!!!


This bathroom remodel is becoming more of a pain in the you know what!!!!


We did find the leak, and of course it was under our bathtub!!! Great!!!!!  We had to move our cast iron tub somewhere, but we couldn't get it downstairs so guess where that heavy thing is??????  It's in front of my bed!!!!  We had to move the toilet as well, and yep you guessed it is beside my side of the bed.......


Told you Justine "The Froggy Bloggy"




While we were tearing stuff down we tore down a wall to make our bathroom bigger!!!!  The lighting is not great, but those beams will be gone!!!!




This is where the tub and toilet was, and that is my outside wall!!! Yes, the previous owners blew the insulation in the walls!!! Pain in the butt to take out...  Some of the insulation went down my shirt!!! itchy, itchy, and itchy!!! 




I'm sooo glad I could share this pain I'm going through with all of my friends!!!


Note: My contractor (Steve, hubby) is getting sick!!!  


Please make sure you add my new address Life As Lori to your blog roll!! Until next time!!!!

11 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Lori,

WOW! This is a major task for you hubby! Here is to hoping that he gets well soon and can tackle this bathroom for you. At least you know you can trust this contractor to do the work!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

mbkatc230 said...

Isn't that just like a contractor?? Just kidding, seriously I hope he feels better soon. This kind of job is no fun to begin with, I can't imagine trying to tackle it when you feel under the weather. Hope you have the bathroom you've always wanted - and SOON! Kathy

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

This looks like a ton of work. I know the end result will be fabulous. Hang in there. Hugs, Marty

Justine said...

Holy crap, what a mess! It'll all be worth it in the end though, right? Looks like your tub needs a new coating on it. How long do you think this will take? And I hope you guys are wearing masks while taking out that insulation!

Justine :o )

Mommy Bear said...

I would love to remodel my bathroom but just don't have the time or finances. Oh well. Maybe one day. Good luck! I am sure it will look great.

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

barefacedapproach said...

Wow!!! Talk about a HUGE task!!! Good luck to you and the hubby. I can't imagine this remodel is easy. Hope you post completed pictures. Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!!

We did a little remodel ourselves, however not nearly as large as yours. Oh and thanks so much for stopping by my blog. :)

Yaya said...

Oh gosh, I feel for ya!

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

oh my word you guys are sooooo brave and i have to say i cracked up when I saw the tub and toilet in your room but your right where else is it gonna go lol.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ugh! What a pain is right!!! Tell DH that he can't get sick till the remodel is finished, lol!

Melissa Miller said...

Lori oh my goodness you poor thing you! It will be sooooo beautiful and worth it in the end I'm just sure of it.

Happy Sunday! ~Melissa :)

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
I hope you get it all sorted out soon. Isn't it annoying being in a mess?! Give your husband some vitamins to keep him well and at work! Great new blog name.
Lindsay
x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails