Sunday, November 22, 2009

~Met Monday and a new Wreath~

I'm once again joining Susan at Between Naps on the porch for Met Monday.

This isn't a big redo, but I really wanted to share with you another wreath I made.  I completely took this from the DIY magazine.  I thought it was really neat.


I started with a 12" foam wreath, ribbon, and florist crystal beads.



In the DIY magazine it said use silver, but I went with red for the Holidays.  You can pick any color you want.  It's your wreath!


I wrapped the wreath with the ribbon, and used my glue gun to hold the ribbon.




I then started placing the crystals around the wreath using my glue gun.  CAUTION: GLUE GUN IS VERY HOT AND IT WILL BURN YOU!  I'm sure most of you know that already!  I burned myself a few times with the glue gun! Not pretty and it hurt soooo bad.

Here's the wreath finished. It will hang in my down stairs bathroom!









 Please visit Susan for a list of other partipcants.






Thanks again for your help with voting!  Just click on the above sentence or this one and it will take right there.

10 comments:

Lynette said...

Got it - finally understand what you are talking about! Love your red wreath - it could do double duty as a V-Day wreath!

I voted for you in the Michael's thing - good luck.

Ummm, yeah, glue guns get hot sisto!!

Ms Bibi said...

Than is really neat idea. Thanks for sharing it.

mbkatc230 said...

Love it! I like the red ribbon under the crystals. I went to the Michaels page, I didn't see anyplace to actually vote, but I did see where to rate it? Is that what you meant, or am I a dork?? Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Kathy

myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com said...

very creative! I also went to vote, but it didn't make sense. Will try again now.
gail

Valeree said...

Love both of your wreaths. I went to Michaels to vote for you too...hope I did it right. I clicked on the snowman to give it a rating of 5. Thanks for sharing.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Many Thanksgiving Blessings to you and your family….Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

I'm strolling in to catch up and especially to wish you and your loved ones a Happy Thanksgiving!
It's such a wonderful time to stop and reflect on all those we cherish and are truly grateful for.

I loved your glass gem wreath. It would look nice with a large satin bow tied and draped too. I know how painful the glue gun can be. Don't forget to have a bowl of ice water sitting next to you.

Sweet Holiday wishes,
Sara

Melissa Miller said...

That is so pretty Lori! Great work!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. ~Melissa :)

Auntie Cake said...

Fun idea, great twist on the wreaths!
Kate

Libbie said...

I will put this on tomorrows to do list! Hope you win!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails