Tuesday, December 29, 2009

~How I became the assisant coach~

My daughter attends a Charter School.  The Charter School goes from 6th-12th grade, and it's a college preparatory scool.  Which means the school does not spend any money on sports.  The school relies on parents to volunter.  Actually, all parents have to volunter 4 hours per semester.  Back to how I became the assisant coach!

The middle school girls basketball team consist of 13 girls, yep you heard me correctly 13.....

The coach is a volunter, and my hubby felt bad for him, and told him he would help him out with the games.. 

Now I know most of you don't know my hubby, but to have him coach is hilarious!!!  My hubby is not a sporty kind of guy.  He doesn't even watch sports on T.V.

We played two games and I felt sorry for my poor hubby, because he really had no clue as to what he was doing!!!!  I told my hubby I would do it!!!  That's how it happened.  I felt sorry for him.  I've never played b-ball in my life.  I was a softball player.  I'm trying to figure out this whole b-ball thing.  I go on the internet all the time to try and figure out how to play this game.  At least the head coach knows what he's doing!  We've played 8 games and have only lost 2.  Not to bad!

I have since rearranged my hours at work, so I can make it to practice.  We practice every day from 4-5:30.  We have been busy, busy, busy!  It really has been worth it!  My daughter still likes me, so she really doesn't mind me being there!  She's only 12 once!



Here's Emily!



Here's the team!!!


Wish us luck for the rest of the season!

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Good Luck! Somehow I just couldn't see Steve doing the coaching thing - nothing personal to him - just couldn't quite see it!

Glad you are doing it and Emily will love it too!

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW!!! Good Luck Lori & Emily! You go girls!

Many Blessings & Happy New Year!
~Melissa :)

Darcie said...

What a great WIFE and MOM you are! They both must feel so loved by how you stepped up to the plate for both of them.

Hope you are having a fun season!

Lindsay-ann said...

Sounds like you are going to be busy coaching the team. Good luck!
I am glad you had a good Christmas. I LOVE your new personalized laptop.
Happy New Year
Lindsay
x

Libbie said...

What fun memories you are making...she will never foget that you were there for her. I have a feeling I will surprise myself at some things I find myself doing long the road of motherhood too :) She is a lucky girl!

mbkatc230 said...

How neat is that? Even in public schools that do have funding for sports and arts, parent volunteers are the backbone of any good program. Good luck to you and the team, and tell Emily that I said her mom ROCKS! Kathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails