Sunday, December 27, 2009

~My daughter's bedroom~



"Sunday Favorites" is a Sunday meme designed to give bloggers a chance to share a favorite post from the past!!!

I'm joining Chari at Happy to Design for the wonderful meme!!  Please make sure you stop by her place to see the other particpants!

I had only been blogging for 3 days when I posted this, and I have more friends now and I thought this would be a great time to repost this!

~My Daughter's Bedroom~

I have made a few of you curious (Marty39, Kathy, Melissa Miller, Gloria) as to who I am on RMS. Does the name lmj ring a bell or lmj221?? If not that's alright.

My daughter saw the Instyle magazine featuring Miley Cyrus’s bedroom. We got our inspiration from her. She loved the room so much we changed from hot pink to a soothing blue, brown, & black combo.

The wall color is Valspar CafĂ© Blue the circles are Woodlawn Juniper mixed with glazed & they are all free form hand painted. We also made the head board and attached it to the bed. The art work above the bed was inspired by another RMS’s room.







Our sweet dog “Sparkles” he is a Chihuahua, yes you heard me correctly he is a boy. What can I say my daughter named him?

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my daughter's room. She told me when we finished her room that she has "the coolest room ever" Yeah, for mommy!


Please make sure you visit Chari at Happy to Design!

10 comments:

Wylie said...

How fabulous! LOVE blue & brown. You all did a fantastic job! Thanks for visiting my blog. I came back to follow you & look forward to getting to know you Lori!
Wylie

Anna said...

I love this color combination, how did you paint those circles on the walls?

RainGardener said...

You did a fantastic job on your daughter's room. I can sure see why she said Yeah for Mommy! The circles add a great touch on the walls too.

Sonia said...

What a pretty and sophisitcated room! I love the colors..very serene and calming. Just beautiful. Miss Bloomers

vignette design said...

What a great makeover. Love the color combination and love "Sparkles" --Delores

Chari said...

Hi Lori...

My friend, I was just elated to see your name on our list of Sunday Favorites participants...it's great having you!!! What a fabulous post to reshare with us today...Ohhh, yes...I remember your daughter's bedroom makeover like it was yesterday!!! I just love this pretty bedroom!!! Love the blues and browns together...if you remember right, I used the same colors in my master bedroom! Anyway...it was such a treat getting to see this pretty bedroom again!!! I still just love the "circle" wall treatment that you did...it added sooo much to the room! I also love the pretty zebra print rug...really nice! What a sweet payoff...to have your daughter say that you were the best Mom ever!!! Sooo sweet and sooo worth all your hard work!!!

It's so funny that you chose a post that talks about RMS...since that is what I posted about today! We sure had some fun back then, didn't we? It was a great start to an even better forum...blogging!

Hope that you and your sweet family had a wonderful Christmas, my sweet friend!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Darcie said...

Oh my word...super cool bedroom Lori! Very, very pretty. Now my question for you is, does she keep it that clean? ;-)

mbkatc230 said...

I remember this so well Lori! I was going nuts trying to figure out who you were and RMS lol. I just love this room, you did such a beautiful job on it. And yes, do tell - does she keep it this clean? And if so, does she give lessons?!?! Kathy

Melissa Miller said...

One of my all time favorite rooms ever!!! Great job on this one Lori & Emily! ~GORGEOUS~ :)

Popcorn Served Daily said...

Wow, what a transformation! I'm impressed. I love the circles on the wall. Hmmmm, now where can I do that in my home. Thanks for sharing, you did a wonderful job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails