Sunday, January 31, 2010

I've organized a closet and made it my craft room!

I had so many craft supplies and no where to put them.  I decided to clean out our spare bedroom closet and use the closet as my craft room.  Let me tell you it was a mess and I can't believe I'm going to show you the before!  I'm totally embrassed, but I'm keeping it real.  Seriously, the rest of my house does not look  like this.  Are you ready to see a big mess?

I had so much stuff on my shelves I could not find anything. The shelves caught all of the crap.


I'm not excatly sure what you call this space, but it was another place that I put more stuff.


Just look at this mess!  Can you say OMG???  I'm so embrassed showing you this.

We kept our movies in the closet.  Still messy!


Here's all the stuff that was in the closet now in our spare bedroom.  My hubby helped me clean out the closet.  It took us all day to clean up and get organized.


Now it's all cleaned out and I bought a lot of bins and actually labeled the bins.  I finally know where all of my things are now.


Just another view of our clean space.

I had this bookshelf in the other closet and decided to use it to hold more crafts and fabric.  I added a cutain to the window to warm up the space.


Look at mybookshelf now!  I put my craft stuff and more bins on this shelf.  Doesn't it look much better.


I'm so proud of my clean closet/craft room...  I still need to buy more bins.
Thanks for stopping by!


I'm joining An Nicole at Our Suburban Cottage because I'm a LUFF!
I'm also joining these other grat blogs.

Photobucket
MakingThe Girl Creative



Sumo's Sweet Stuff














Photobucket
Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

25 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Lori~~~

I think all of my closets look like your before closet!! lol! You did a fabulous job and now crafting is going to be easier than ever!! At least you have a closet, I have a corner!!

xoxo
Jane

One Cheap B*tch said...

Great makeover! I think we all have so much stuff and at one time or another our rooms/houses look the same - cluttered! I often wonder where we get all our stuff from! I love what you did here!

trish said...

Great job!
:o) Trish

Melissa Miller said...

Lori that looks so great! :)

Anna said...

it looks great! I love that closet with the window in it. I need some organization like that around here - my junk closet is the one under my stairs

Cha Cha said...

Great job, will you please come do this at my house. I can't wait to see how creative you are going to be now.

Cha Cha

Lynette said...

Looks good - I can't believe you showed those before pics - sisto you got guts!!

Perfect time to be crafting with all the snow y'all got!

Enjoy -

Twice as Nice said...

Looks like your HUMAN! Thanks for joining the rest of us! Whenever I clean out a closet I swear it will stay that way...until the next time I clean it out. Looks great.

Sonia said...

That looks awesome..I know you must have a great sense of accomplishment when you organize and can find everything..plus it looks so pretty and neat. Great job..and Happy Monday.

Miss Bloomers

Amy Kinser said...

You did a great job. Don't you feel better since it's all done? I know that I do when I get things cleaned up and out.

pk @ Room Remix said...

It's a great use for a closet and it looks SO much more organized! Great job. Nice touch with the valance to soften the window too.

Darcie said...

Now that is called "WORK", but wow did it ever pay off...it looks GREAT Lori!!!

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Okay - I'm laughing at your before photo because it looks EXACTLY like the before photo of my guest room. I know what you had to deal with to get that room into shape sister. Bravo! You did an amazing job.

Thanks for linking up to my party!

queenbee said...

You did a great job tackling the closet. Thanks for sharing because it gives me incentive to tackle some of my embarassing spaces.

Kammy said...

Looks great - I have some spaces that are scary too !
Thanks for sharing !
Kammy

2sisters said...

That's a great space! I am jealouse of your dedicated craft storage. Someday....

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

when you are done organizing yours can you please come do mine next? Did you ever notice craft stuff is like gremlins...they just multiply on their own! :) great job

Marianne@Songbird said...

Ha that must feel wonderful. I always feel great every time I have organized and decluttered something. Happy crafting!

PlantSomeRoots@Lakewood said...

I bet you'll get more crafting done now. Let's just say I know from experience. Great job!
Cindy at Lakewood

jen said...

j e a l o u s! great transformation. i added your thursday button to my blog - looking forward to joining you - i have my first blog party too so join me if you will!
www.mimibelaboo.blogspot.com

Andrea @ The Train to Crazy said...

Nice work. I can think of a few areas of my home that could use your organization!

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour Lori,
Great job on your new craft room. SO does this mean I need to get cracking on my own messy closets?
ENjoy your new space!

Heather@ theherberfamily.blogspot.com said...

I have lots of messy closets.. maybe I should do this! Great job!

Thank you so much for stopping by the Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family link party, and adding this to the page! Don’t forget to stop back next week to see which links from this week are featured, and to add your new links!

Its So Very Cheri said...

I am following you, added you r button to my side bar and added your party button.i would love to have you do the same. I would love to be featured by you.

Cheri

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Lori that looks great. My spare bedroom closet is just packed with stuff. It's great that you have a window in yours. It makes it feel more like a room and less like a closet. Great job!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails