Saturday, January 16, 2010

~Smarty Pants Money~

We pay bribe my daughter to make good grades in school with money!!!  What 12 year old doesn’t like money?  If you find one please let me know!    I have no shame in paying bribing her.  Whatever it takes for good grades!

She's made the A-B honor roll.  Yippee, I’m jumping for joy doing the happy dance etc…

So, I decided to make a “Smarty Pants Money” jar as a reward bribe!!!   This will hold all of her money until the end of the school year!!!  If she doesn’t feel like studying or doing homework… I’ll just show her the “Smarty Pants Money” jar to get her motivated. (like that's going to work.)

If she makes a C she receives no money, and if she makes a D or below we take money away.  We have no shame in this house!!!

Take a look at what we did!!!




Made the "Smarty Pants Money" sign in Illustrator.
Got the ribbon at Wal-Mart!



We put the sign on the jar!



That's Emily holding the ribbon.  We used the glue gun to hold the ribbon on the lid.



We went around with the lid with the ribbon twice, she thought it looked better!



Here's the jar with no bow! What do you think?



Here is the jar with a bow! I can't decide if I like it better with the bow or without.
She likes it with the bow because of the bling!!! What do you think with or without the bow?



She likes it!!  I'm very proud of her for making the A-B honor roll!  Well deserved "E"


Funky Junk Interiors


I'm joining Funky Junk Interiors!

I will be celebrating my 1 year blogoversary on 1-27-10, and what better way to celebrate than having a giveaway. Details regarding the giveaway to come! Just in time for Valentine’s Day!!! Yippee!!!


7 comments:

Weeksie50 said...

Way Cute : )

Blondie's Journal said...

I paid my daughter to take the Christmas decorations down! She likes the money, I like the free time! Some things just work better that way.

Love the jar!!

xoxo
Jane

Gay Vaughan said...

Thanks Lori for visiting my blog and for telling me about your party. I will be linking to your next one. Thanks!

Melissa Miller said...

What a great idea Lori! Congrats to Emily and love the bling-y bow.

Thanks for your kind words about my new healthy life! I really appreciate it. :)

Twice as Nice said...

Money is a great motivator. I give Logan money for getting on the honor roll and HIS friends!! We have a set of twin and another boy down the street that Logan hangs around with. I give each $10 for making the honor roll. If Logan gets all A's I give him $20. This year Logan is trying to get all A's and so far he has. I told him at the end of the year if he gets all A's he gets a bonus of $100. I see nothing wrong with a little incentive! Tell you daughter I said good luck and I just love the jar idea!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Fabulous and too cute idea! I love your little jar!!!

Happy almost blogoversary! Mine is coming up too and giveaways are ALWAYS a great idea!!!

DOEHLER DAYS said...

Good idea! I think i like it with the bow too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails