Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Sparkly candle for Valentine's day...

This is something I whipped up today!!!  I was going to go to Hobby Lobby, but found out they were closed on Sunday...  Boy, was I disappointed to find that out.  Thank goodness my hubby told me to check online to see what time they opened.  I'm glad I didn't drive all that way to find out they were closed.  Instead I went to Michael's...  They were opened today.


I bought a candle, Diamond Dust, and Tacky Glue.

I put the Tacky Glue on first.  I used my finger to apply the glue.  I couldn't find anything else.  I made sure it was put on evenly.

I then put the Diamond Dust on a paper plate and rolled the dust on the candle. 


The Diamond Dust is on the candle.  Wait for the glue to dry and you have a sparkly candle...


I put it in this glass jar and put hearts in it, and bam it made a nice center piece for my table..

It's easy peasy and looks good.  Who doesn't like a little sparkle in their life??  I sure do love sparkly stuff.

I'm linking to a few parties this week.  Please take a few minutes and check them out..






The Girl Creative

The DIY Show Off


DIY Day @ ASPTL


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

21 comments:

One Cheap B*tch said...

That is so pretty. Works for Xmas too!

P@nmyfreetime.blogspot.com said...

adorable!!!
thanks for the tutorial ~ i need more valentines day decorations!!

Lynette said...

You are just getting so creative sisto!!

Love it of course!

Treasia Stepp said...

Very pretty.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Such an easy candle makeover, and it looks great. You've already started your V'tine decor. I'm so glad you are going to join my party, and thank you so much for posting my party button. laurie

Marianne@Songbird said...

Glitter! I love glitter, add some sparkles and I am sold.

Darcie said...

Very, very pretty Lori!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Pretty! This is something easy I could do with my daughter!

The Girl Creative said...

Thanks so much for linking up! I did that with Epsom salt around Christmas time. Looks great as your centerpiece. :)

Maridith said...

Very Cute!! I am impressed you are already ready for Valentine's Day!!

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

That is oh so pretty!! I am wondering how much of that stuff I would have to vacuum up after doing this project??? ROFL!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

cute, cute!

Cha Cha said...

So pretty, I love this and will be on the look out for cheap candles so I can do it. Thanks for the inspiration, you did a great job.
Cha Cha

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said...

I love quick projects like this. Off to the Dollar store for me.
Looking forward to Get Your Craft On.

Michelle said...

C'mon baby light my candle!!! I featured this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com Grab my "featured" button.

Kristin said...

Very pretty! Easy, too!

Its So Very Cheri said...

There is never too much glitter and bling is there.

Cheri

Pinky said...

Perfect! Love it! I am going to do this!

Kammy said...

Very cute and sparkly !
Kammy

Debbie said...

Great idea!!~! Thanks for the inspiration!

too Blessed to Stress said...

ohhhh... just lovely :)

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails