Friday, February 19, 2010

Basketball Tournament!

Basketball season is officially over!! I’m so sad happy!!! As some of you are aware, I am the assistant coach for my daughter’s middle school. Our school does not employee coaches for any sports. All of the coaches are volunteers. Our school relies a great deal on its parents/staff. At the beginning of the season we had a coach, but no assistant coach. I felt so bad for our coach that I decided to become the assistant coach. Now I work full time and our team practiced everyday at 4:00pm. Needless to say, I had to rearrange my work schedule to help out. I work for a great company that had no problem with me doing this. Boy, was I lucky?? Now let me just say I’ve never played basketball, so it was quit the challenge for me. I would go on line just to learn what all the lines on the court were. Thank goodness I’m a pretty fast learner!!!

Emily at a game!


Now let me get to my point here! Our team had a great season considering this was the first year our school had a middle school basketball team. We placed 2nd in the conference. Yippee!! Well this week was tournament week, and we played the championship game Thursday!!! The team we played Thursday did not lose one game this season…. Needless to say, we came in 2nd place.  Our girls played their hearts out, and when the game was over you would have thought we came in first place. Each girl had a great attitude. I’m so very proud of our girls. Just wait until next year!!!




Trying to get the girls excited....

Getting ready for the game!!!  We played this team Tuesday!


Next Wednesday we are having a fundraiser. The fundraiser will be the girls middle school b-ball team against the boys middle school b-ball team, then the girls and boys b-ball teams against the coaches/staff.  That means I have to play, and did I mention I’ve never played basketball? It should be fun…. Wish me luck!


You still have time to sign up for my Spring Fling gift swap.  You can click HERE for more details. Please grab my cute button so everyone will know you're playing....


Spring Fling

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats! I am glad it went so well!

Marie@PoutyPinkPrincess said...

I love that you never played before and are the assistant! What a sport! Good luck at your game next week! :)

Lynette said...

What fun and glad they had FUN - most important!

Wish I could be there to see YOU playing - boy oh boy - now that would be funny!!

Tell Emily "HI" from me!

Darcie said...

Awesome for you for stepping up to the plate(or should I say line)! I loved basketball...I played it in middle school too. FUN!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails