Monday, February 1, 2010

Vases and candle sticks turned into Monogram candle holders!

Well, I made some candle holders from the dollar store.  I first saw this idea from Red Heads Craft More Fun!  These were cheap and very easy to make and I think they turned out fabulous.  Here's my version of the candles!


I used two candle stick holders, two vases, Gorilla Glue, and two initials.

Remember I had my one year blogoversary a few weeks ago?  I had these candles in mind for a little surprise to the winner.  The winner was Maridith from Strickly Homemade, and I'm also giving one the my 100th follower and that was Steffany from Out of Chaos!  I couldn't make these until I had a winner.  I did these the other day while it was snowing!  I promise ladies there are going to be mailed soon!

I don't have a vinyl machine(don't know why, just don't), so I called my sister Lynette at Lynette's L.A.M.  and begged asked her to make these sweet initials, and she was so nice and did.  Lynette also has an E.T.S.Y shop called XpresUrself.  You need to go and visit her shop she has a lot of great things!


Didn't they turn out nice?


This is what Maridith won!


Oh, almost forgot The Girl Creative is having a giveaway, and I bet if you go over there you "might" just recognize the ETSY shop's owner!!!!

I'm linking to some parties!

Photobucket




Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden











DIY Day @ ASPTL
 
<P></P>
<P><BR></P>
<P>http://www.thethriftyhome.com
giveaways

The Shabby Chic Cottage

19 comments:

Leanne said...

Love the monograms on them. What a great wedding gift that would make. Wal-Mart has their small hurricane vases on sale noe for only $1. I think I bought all of them at my store.

Lynette said...

Those turned out so cute - they are better than the Pottery Barn's version!

I know they will like them - thanks for the shout out!

Sharon said...

They look so good!!! WoW!!!

Blondie's Journal said...

Very nice. Monograms are in!!

xoxo
Janie

Treasia Stepp said...

Love the addition of the monogram. They are perfect.

Darcie said...

Those turned out great Lori!

Resh Rene` said...

Who would have thought something that simple would have turned out so great!

I have got to get my hands on some gorilla glue, I've gotten so many ideas lately about what I can glue. HAHAHA

great job Lori. I love it!

Maridith said...

YIPPEE!! I am so lucky!! I love the candle holder! You are so sweet! I also checked out your sister's shop Xpress Urself and she has such beautiful stuff. I am so lucky to already get a little piece of her work!!

PlantSomeRoots@Lakewood said...

These are crazy cute!
Cindy at Lakewood

Denise said...

I featured you on my blog! Love this and will be doing this weekend!

fiberdoodles said...

They are so pretty!

Ms Bibi said...

They look fantastic. What an awesome idea. I have been working on something for your Thursday party. You got me creating,lol.

Heather@ theherberfamily.blogspot.com said...

I like the vinyl addition! Maybe flowers, or something would look nice for Spring.

Thank you so much for stopping by the Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family link party, and adding this to the page! Don’t forget to stop back next week to see which links from this week are featured, and to add your new links!

steffany said...

I am so excited! I was admiring these and wondering when I could get to the store for the supplies, and then I saw my name! Yippee!

Leah said...

Lovely!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the monogram {the font is great}! I will have to check out your sister's etsy as I'm thinking of having a Family phrase done.

RedHead said...

The cases turned out GREAT! Good job! I love them with the initials.

Have a great day!
Courtney @ RedHeadsCraftMoreFun

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

The vases look great. I really like the font your chose for the initials.

Thanks so much for linking to Make it Yours day! I look forward to seeing more of your clever ideas!

Brittany said...

those glasses are awesome!! i wish i had a machine that could do that!!

stop by my goodwill goodies blog party every wednesday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails