Monday, February 22, 2010

Dry erase board/calendar!

For some reason this year, I have been very slack with buying a 2010 calendar.  Don't ask me why I just have.  I saw this over at Mad in Crafts, and thought to myself what an easy way to make a calendar.  So here's my verison.

What you will need:
8.5 x 11 picture frame
Calendar -  I printed mine from Excel
Spray paint
Scrapbook paper
Hole puncher
Tape
2 hooks for the calendar
Drill
Staple Gun

Here's the picture frame I started with.
Yep, it's very dirty, but as I've said many times I have to keep it real!!!
If your frame is dirty make sure you clean it off before you spray paint.



I took the picture and glass out of the frame before I started spray painting.


I used about 2 coats of glossy black spray paint.

Sorry, for the ugly grass!  I'm still waiting for it to warm up, so I can work in my yard.


I found some scrapbook paper that I wanted to use.  I taped the scrapbook paper to the picture.  I didn't want to glue the paper on the picture.  Just in case I want to change the scrapbook paper.


I put the glass back in the frame added the picture/scrapbook paper, and closed the back.
I then put the hooks at the bottom to hold the calendar.  I used a drill so the hooks would go in easier.
I screwed the hooks to the bottom of the frame, and then very carefully I punched holes through the calendar.  I used my staple gun and added ribbon to the back, so I could hang it up.





Voila!

I have a dry erase board/calendar!

I had the frame, spray paint, scrapbook paper, ribbon, and printed the calendar not at work.  Total price zero  dollars!

Click HERE to see all the parties I'm linking to..

11 comments:

Darcie said...

That is the coolest. I can't believe the things some people think of. Thanks for the heads up on the giveaway.

Jeannine said...

What a great way to recycle a frame. thanks for sharing

Lynette said...

Really cute - love that scrapping paper - looks very pretty!

Scrappy Gifts said...

love it! You should link this up at my Scrappy Saturdays link party - http://myscrappygifts.blogspot.com/2010/02/first-scrappy-saturday.html

Twice as Nice said...

I sent our email did ya get it? The Twins

Kaysi said...

Wow! I have a frame and I'm so doing this, thanks!

Melissa Miller said...

Lori it came out so pretty!
Great job on it.

Lynettes tassels are just beyond adorable! I really admire both of you and your creativity.

~Blessings, ~Melissa :)

mbkatc230 said...

This is such a great idea! I love all the creative things I find on your site and in blogland. Now if I could just find the time to do some of them! I'm so happy that your blog is really taking off! Get Your Craft on is such a fun event, unfortunately I am horribly craft impaired, so I will just admire everyone elses talent! Kathy

The Persimmon Perch said...

Fun! Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

Tiff @ Making The World Cuter said...

Really cool!
-Tiff

Anonymous said...

This is the best blog I have ever read thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails