Friday, February 19, 2010

Kitchen remodel, and I mean remodel!


I will be taking you on a tour of our kitchen. Our house was built in 1926 my husband and I gutted this room to the studs.

 
Look at the lovely wallpaper on the ceiling. We had to get rid of it.
  

This was our floor. It had two layers of vinyl flooring and under that was plywood, so we had to remove all the flooring and plywood to get to the original floors. This was not an easy task, but we were determined, and we did it.
Here is the kitchen all gutted and flooring up.


We have three doors in our kitchen we had to work around. The sink was actually underneath the left window but we moved the plumbing under the glass cabinet.


My husband built the wine rack, cabinets, and the Mahogany Island.





My mom made the curtains!


Nothing was in this corner, so we built cabinets. You can never have too many cabinets.


The two doors leading to the dining room and foyer. Yes, that is wallpaper on my walls. I know some people don't like wallpaper, but it works for us and it is a nice transition to our other rooms.

Don't forget about joining in on my Spring Fling gift swap.  You can click HERE to find out all the detail....

I'm linking to the following party:

7 comments:

too Blessed to Stress said...

Oh wow - I actually love the wallpaper! On the walls, that is.. not the ceiling :) awesome redo!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Michelle said...

Looks great! Wallpaper on walls, cool- wallpaper on the ceiling, huh?!!? I think you guys did an awesome job! I can only imagine how much fun it is to be in a newly remodeled room.

Darcie said...

Gorgeous...a lot of hard work, but now you get to reap the reward of a beautiful kitchen.

Sandy said...

What a fantastic job!!! I'm still doing mine.. maybe another year since I'm finished...lol

Sandy
http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/2010/01/here-is-original-kitchen.html

Coleen's Corner said...

Wow! What an amazing transformation. I simply love the wallpaper! Great job. I know it was a lot of hard work, but, wow! It was really worth it!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
I loved seeing your kitchen transformation. It sounds like lots of work but it does look lovely. The wallpaper and cabinets go so well together.
Lindsay
x

Remodelaholic said...

That is a TON of work! Great job, are you so happy to have a kitchen? I would be! And yes you are right you can never have too many cabinets!

I am so glad you stopped by to join our little the party, I hope to see you there again! We have them every Friday. (And we are now doing a recipe link up on Wednesday!)

Cassity @ Remodelaholic

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails