Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My daughter the crafter???

I just love Michael's, and will occasionally take Emily with me!  As Emily says, it's the most boring store ever....  I totally disagree with her, but she's almost 13 and she loves Aeropostale, Abercombie & Fitch, and Rue 21 just to name a few of her favorite stores that are not boring....  Anyway, I took her to Michael's and she actually found something she wanted to make....  I was shocked and of course, couldn't say no to her craft idea (never really can say no to most things she wants.  I know I have issues.)

Take a look at what she I bought.


She's going to make a Valentine's frame!

She painted the frame silver.


She used the hot glue gun to add hearts... (She does like using the hot glue gun, but who doesn't?)


Add some lips and hearts!  All done!


She added a picture of her and her boyfriend!  She's giving this to him on Valentine's Day. 
I should have known she just wasn't making a craft for herself....  At least she I didn't spend a ton of money, and her boyfriend has a Valentine's present.

I think she did a nice job..

14 comments:

Lynette said...

Looks good E!! You did good girl!

Shana said...

It looks great.
My daughter LOVES Michaels, just like me!!

design_aholic said...

wow, I actually really like that silver paint. Frame turned out great for a girl that says she doesn't like to craft! :)

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

She did an awesome job! That frame is too sweet!

Ms Bibi said...

That is beautiful. She did an amazing job. Maybe she is catching mom's crafting bug,lol.

Blondie's Journal said...

How awesome. Do you think she will want to go to Michael's for more inspiration? I think they have a lot of crafts for kids.

xoxo
Janie

Daddy said...

I think she did a great job, too.

But, 13 is too young for a boyfriend. I'm thinking she shouldn't care about those boys until she's 25 or 30!

Darcie said...

Well look at who went and inherited your creative gene. Very cool!

Lori said...

I would have to agree Daddy!!!

mbkatc230 said...

She did a great job on this. But then, she has great crafting genes! Hope your week is going well. Kathy (oh yeah, what did you get at the flea market?)

Michelle said...

Very sweet! It turned out great!

Katie said...

So cute!
We normally have 3-4 snow days a year here in Iowa, but this year it's out of control! I don't blame her for not wanting to go on a Saturday. If we end up rescheduling on a Saturday (and I doubt we will) I will take a personal day. :)

Jamee said...

great job!!

kirstin & jordan said...

I can't wait until my little ones are big enough to facilitate creative projects on their own... :)
And thanks for linking up to our friday fun find party! Hopefully we'll see you next week...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails