Saturday, February 13, 2010

From Drab to Fab!

We have a place at the beach.  We love it, but it needed some updating.. The walls were white/cream.  There was wall to wall carpet and let me tell you it was terrible...  There were stains all over the carpet, so we had to replace the carpet.  We put wood floors down instead of carpet.  We thought with all the sand it would be better to have wood floors.  Easy clean up.

We pulled the carpet up and painted the entire place.  Here are some photo's of our dining room before and after.


Look at the lovely dated chandy. 



Another view of the dining area.  I painted the kitchen cabinets white, and we put dry wall over the bar, so it would match the rest of the place.

Here we are putting the new floor down and have a nice fresh coat of paint on the walls.  We chose a blue color for the dining room/den.

I did put a chocolate slip cover over the couch.  The couch looks much better.

We put these lights over the table.  I love them.  The lights remind me of the ocean.


We got the table from IKEA.


Another view of the table.  We got all the furniture from IKEA.

I love the yellow place mats and the napkins.  We got those at World Market.  I love the colors.  Our kitchen is painted a yellow, so it ties in nicely..

I have this table across from the dining room table.
We found all of the shells at the beach.


We did move the cord, so you can't see it anymore. 

It is amazing what a little bit of paint will do to improve a room!

I hope you enjoyed seeing some of our beach place.


Please click HERE to enter my giveaway.
Last chance to sign up for my Spring Fling Gift swap click HERE.


I'm linking to a few parties.

15 comments:

Jenna said...

Such a difference paint makes! I love the color blue you chose and your ikea furnishings! Looks lovely, and very relaxing! I love the beach!!!

San Diego Gal!!!

Lindsay-ann said...

Happy Valentine's Day Lori.
Thanks for all the great Valentines ideas you have shared on your blog recently. I really enjoyed seeing your lovely beach house. I love the beautiful shade of blue you chose. The furniture looks great, I love IKEA stuff. The lamp shades and shells make it look so beachy.
Have a great weekend and I look forward to your big announcement.
Lindsay
x

design_aholic said...

Nice! Love the blue on the walls!

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

What a great space you have created! Love it.

Jamee said...

it looks great -definitely some place i would want to spend some time!!

Nancy said...

I would love to pull up the carpet!

Great transformation!

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour Lori,
It looks so good, love the blue you chose and wood floors are my favorite - so easy to clean.
Now you can enjoy all your hard work.
Good week to you!

Maridith said...

Big difference!! Looks good! I love the blue walls with dark chocolate! You are going to have a wonderful summer at the beach!!

Nathalie said...

Loved looking at the before and after photos esp since my place looks like your before right now!!!

Prior said...

LOVE the paint color and light fixtures. Lezlee

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Wow, Lori, this is just gorgeous. I love it all. The floors are beautiful and so is the furniture. I can't wait to see more. Hugs, Marty

Kim said...

This looks so nice and fresh, you must be delighted. I'm stopping by from SLS.

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

It looks great! Love the shade of blue... do you remember the name of the color you did? I'm thinking of doing blue in our master & I'd love to add this shade to me list of possibilities. Thanks for sharing your room at the Power of Paint Party (POPP).

Heather@ My Frugal Family said...

I love the re-do on the whole room, especially the paint!

Thank you so much for linking up with the Talented Tuesday link party at My Frugal Family, which is hosted every Tuesday. Please feel free to stop back in every week and post your newest projects!

jenjen said...

Wow - what a transformation! It looks great!

Thanks for linking this up. I love it!

XOXO
Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails