Friday, March 19, 2010

Pedestal with an arrangement!

It's around 70 degrees today and just beautiful outside, and I'm stuck at work!!!! Can we all say yuck???  Yep, I'm at work and I'm blogging.  Not busy at all today!  Which is a good thing!

I'm also looking at all of your wonderful creations from Get Your Craft on Thursday!  I swear ya'll are just so creative!  I'll feature a few on Saturday Shout Outs...

I have to show you what I've worked on! 


I found a white cement pedestal at Hobby Lobby!  I have been looking for something to put next to my fireplace with some height, so when I saw this, I of course had to have it!


It was 18.99

I didn't really like it white, so you know what I did right?  I spray painted it black.  It took about 2 cans!


I didn't like it totally black so I used some metallic paint and painted the top of the pedestal. 


Here it is all done, and next to my fireplace!


I made the arrangement to go on the pedestal!  Now I don't make arrangements at all.  I'm just not good at it.  This is actually my first.  I'm really not sure about it either.  Steve and Emily told me it looks fine, but I can't tell if they are saying that to be nice.  So, I need your honest feedback please!  My feelings will not be hurt if it's terrible!  I just need to know what to do to make it better!

Close up!


What should I add to the arrangement?  
Hope you like my pedestal!  I think it looks great by the fireplace!

If you would like to do a guest post please email me at lifeaslori@yahoo.com
If you would like to be a sponsor of Life As Lori you can email me as well.  Same email as above!

16 comments:

Veronica said...

I think it is perfect just the way it is. I love the arrangement. It's different but very beautiful. It is stunning sitting on the black pedestal. I wouldn't change a thing.

Treasia Stepp said...

I love the petal stool. It turned out beautiful by changing it to black and adding the bronze to it.

Ashley Bray said...

Love the pedestial, I agree on arrangement it needs something but I'm not good at arrangements.
BTW, I'm your newest follower and would love for you to come by my place.
Also come by and check out Southern Mommas.
http://southernmommas.ning.com/
It is a great place for southern gals.

Jenn Miyamoto said...

It looks great! Love that pedestal!
Jenn

Blondie's Journal said...

I love what you did with the pedestal and I think the arrangement looks lovely. I have a white column similar to yours and I just plopped a plant on it!!

Happy Friday, Lori! :-)

xoxo
Janie

too Blessed to Stress said...

Oh I love the pedestal! I have two white ones from my wedding that have been in about 12 other weddings and several outdoor parties since! those things are handy :)

I like your arrangement - it says you! If you do want to beef it up a bit at the top of the vase, I would add more hydrangea puffs or some more greenery. It might anchor the look a bit. I love larger leaf greenery. If you don't want to add more to it, you might also consider bringing the puff down a bit and not leaving so much space between vase and hydrangea. just a thought or two for some different looks :)

If you like the lighter look for spring, I'd say leave it. and if it makes your heart happy then definatly leave it! no matter what anyone says :)

loves for ya on a Friday,

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Tina said...

Thanks for stopping by and for the comment love! Lovin the pedastal! I like how you added the metalic touch to it. I am not very good at floral arrangements, or live plants for that matter...
Whatever you decide, this will be a very versatile piece. You could do tons with it at the holidays!

Kim said...

I really like the vase, I'd just make it a little fuller, but I'm no expert either.

Laura said...

I love hobby lobby. I always find what I need there! I love the way the way it turned out.

I'm visiting from New Friend Friday.

Jessica Hills said...

Thanks for posting on Favorite Things Friday!

Kelli @ RTSM said...

I love that it looks completely different with just a few coats of black spray paint!

Jenny said...

I am a huge fan of spray paint. I think it scares my husband sometimes.

I'll have to try linking to your meme...if I ever have a craft week that is!

Visiting you from Friday Friends.

FrouFrouBritches said...

Oh wow! That looks so much better. I don't really like the white either, but I LOVE the black!!!!!

Maridith said...

Big Improvement!! A gift for your home! Perfect. I think it looks really good. I am so bad a floral arrangements I don't even try!

Thanks again for joining me at my party!

Shannon@ One Crafty Mommy said...

I love it! Such a nice transformation. Thanks for linking up this week!

Kristi Flanagan said...

Wish I had this in my house! Thanks for planting your creative seed at Punkin Seed Productions! Come plant another seed this Friday!

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails