Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring Blocks band wagon!

I wanted to make something for Spring and Easter.  I've seen blocks around blogland, so I'm jumping on the block band wagaon!

Materials needed:
5 - 3 1/2" wide and 4" tall
1 - 3 1/2" wide and 5" tall
Glue gun
Scrapbook paper
Ribbon
Modpodge
Straight cutter
Letters


Cut your 2x4's  and pick the scrapbook paper you want to use.  It was very hard for me to pick the paper. 

I went with some spring scrapbook paper.


After the blocks were cut, I sanded the blocks for smoother edges.


Another view of the paper I picked.

I traced the block around the the scrapbook paper and used my straight cutter to make the cuts.



Spray painted the Easter letter's black.. I love me some spray paint.


Blocks are done with modpodge, it's time for the ribbon!


Just glue the ribbon.


I put Spring on one side of the blocks and Easter on the other side.  Two uses out of one set of blocks.





What are some of the things you have done with your blocks?  Do tell, and if you have the link I would love to stop by and take a look..


Here's the party links HERE

11 comments:

Darcie said...

LOVE IT LORI!!! Seriously super cute and great colors for this great time of year called SPRING!!!

Blondie's Journal said...

Really, really cute, Lori!! :-)
Makes me feel like spring is on it's way!! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Annie @ Birdcages n Butterflies x said...

Like em hun..very cheery..puts me in the mood for spring!!
We actually got a bit of sunlight in th Uk the last couple of days! puts me in such a better mood!!
Will try and post a link to my blocks but not sure how yet!!!
Annie x

too Blessed to Stress said...

SO CUTE! Welcome to the Blocks bandwagon :) heehee!

So glad to see you use the ribbon. Just today I was in the shower wondering how ribbon would look on the sides of my newest blocks. {inspiration hits at the weirdest times:)}And then I came on here and saw yours.LOVE IT! thanks for sharing - now I'll be trying the ribbon out for sure!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

too Blessed to Stress said...

forgot to say thanks for entering the giveaway yesterday! your splinter story made me and hubby laugh so much! He loved the "stop acting like a girl!" so funny :)

Thanks for following, and I hope you'll enter the giveaway again today - these would be adorable to link up to the party!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Room to Inspire said...

These are super cute and perfect for Spring! Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today.

Chelsea

Laura said...

These are so cute. It's sunny here in Missouri...I hope spring is on its way!

Kari said...

Wow - I love these and bookmarked them! Thanks!

Jerri said...

These are adorable! I love all pretty colors!

I'd love for you to come by and link up this week for Friday Favorites!

The Bearded Lady (Laura) said...

Nice job!! These are lovely!! Thank you for sharing!!

Stacey @ Fun to Craft said...

These turned out SOOO cute!! I love how springy they are. Visiting from New Friend Friday at TGC but I actually already love your blog. Love the Spring Fling gift swap idea. I missed that one somehow...maybe next time. Sounds like a lot of fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails