Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easy to make coasters and an Apothecary!

I would like to thank Little Lizard King, Posh Pieces, Me and My Bucket, Sew Dang Cute, and Girl Inspired for coming over and guest blogging for me while I was out!!!  You ladies are great!  Thank you so much!

I'm still stopping by everyone's blog and looking at your wonderful projects from Get Your Craft On Thursday Party!  I'll feature a few during my next Get Your Craft On Thursday Party!  Please join me next week for another great party!


While I was out, I made some much needed coasters for our place at the beach!  


I found 4 small plant holders from Wal-Mart.
I went on the internet and found these cute palm tree photos.
Of course, I used my Mod Podge and ribbon!


I cut the palm trees out to fit the circles.


Used Mod Podge on the bottom and the top.




 

I added yellow ribbon for a bit of color!


Doesn't the Strawberry Daiquiri look yummy on my coasters?  Let me say it was yummy!



I also made this apothecary jar!  I found an apothecary jar for around $8.00.
Got sand from the beach (free), got shells from the beach (free)


And there you have a beautiful Apothecary jar!

16 comments:

Just SO said...

I have got to get me an apothecary jar. My husband has a bunch of shells from some time he spent in FL when he was younger and I want to put them into a jar for him. As it stands right now they are in a shoe box in the ottoman.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I love beachy stuff- but I am a true California girl so it is not surprising!

Brandi @ Frugal Farmhouse said...

love it! the picture is very cool:)

Allison Shops said...

Both are nice ideas!

Allison

Natasha said...

I can't believe you made those coasters and that you found an apothecary jar for only $8! The last one I bought was about $35!

Glad you had a good break, Lori.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

becca said...

as i was scrolling down i was thinking, those coasters are begging for a margarita. then you had the one with the daquiri. perfect. :) come visit and enter my very first giveaway for a pottery barn giftcard and some of my designs at www.barefeetonthedashboard.blogspot.com.

Sabrina said...

I'm a girl that loves cheap coaster ideas...you'll have to check mine out sometime. Never thought about using cork. Duh! Great idea!

Meet Virginia said...

These turned out too cute Lori! I love them!!

Check out my new
GIVEAWAY!!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!

Laura said...

I love apothecary jars! And the coasters look great!

I would love it if you joined my "Saturday is Crafty Day" party on April 24th! Stop by my blog for details.

Jingle said...

These are fabulous! And you are right...so easy!

Leanne said...

I'm hosting my first Linky party tomorrow. It's called We're Organized Wednesday. I would love it if you'd like to stop by and linksomething up. There's a giveaway too.

sanjeet said...

I love beachy stuff-
indian classified site

Melissa said...

The apothecary jar is very sweet...I also really like the candle behind the coaster vignette!!

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

OH I saw those cork things at walmart!! Great use of em!! Love your apothecary too!!

Barbara said...

Coasters are darling and of course I love the apothecary jar with the shells.

Great post.
Barbara

Rene @ cottage and vine said...

Great idea and I guess with modge podge the possibilities are endless.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails