Monday, April 5, 2010

Guest Post from Little Lizard King!

This week some wonderful ladies will be here at Life As Lori, sharing some of their crafts.  Thank you so much ladies.  I really appreciate you coming by and sharing your ideas!  Y'all came through for me while I am out of town!  Let's show these wonderful ladies some blogging love and leave a bunch of comments!  I'll see ya next week!  Get Your Craft on Thursday will still happen this week!  I can't wait to see what great ideas you have this week!

Today we will hear from Little Lizard King!  If you haven't been to her blog or her ETSY shop you don't know what you are missing!


This was an inspired idea...

Check out this awesome framed word, Home.


Now, check out the Little Lizard King DIY photo name frame tutorial. This is PERFECT for that person you know who already has everything. This is a great gift that can be personalized in any way. Family, Hope, Faith, Love, etc...




I fell in love with the idea of this alphabet photo name frame from Alphabet Photography, but their price tag was way out of my league. They cost a fortune online - think $130 for a seven letter word before shipping. As always, I figured out a way to make my own (that look very similar) for less.




I scoured the internet with "alphabet photography" in the search box until I found all the letters I needed for various surnames. I finally landed on an art class who posted several photos to a Photobucket photo album. It was the jackpot!


I saved the alphabet photos to my computer, resized a few of them to fit a 4'x6' vertical opening, converted them to black and white, and uploaded the photos to an online print center such as ShutterflySnapfish, or Walgreens.


You can typically resize photos and convert them to black and white using the aforementioned online photo centers if you don't have the software on your personal computer.


I ordered the frames online (from Bealls), and I've found the same frames at Kohls on sale. I assembled them myself in minutes!


This is one of the frames I made. The surname is Sweet.


This project cost a fraction of what I'd pay at Alphabet Photography. For a five letter word, Alphabet Photography art costs around $120 before shipping. This project cost me about ten cents per print plus the frame. It doesn't have custom matting, but it still looks nice, and it's hard to beat personalized - custom matting or not.


This is a frame I made for the Larson family. I take zero credit for these photos, but the price was right!


This one was for my cousin, Katelynn who is a sophomore in college. Her name photos incorporates individual, frame-less 4x6 photo holders from Michaels. These frames are great for LONG names.



Happy hunting! If you have any questions, you can contact me at littlelizardking@gmail.com or littlelizardking.blogspot.com  Photobucket is the site I found that was most helpful with finding alphabet photography. I found frames at Bealls and Kohls. They have six and seven letter vertical openings.

...and, for those of you who might be interested in a shameless plug, I just started an Etsy shop selling sewing PATTERNS for cute kid couture. Check out a few of the patterns you can purchase at VERY reasonable prices.



These patterns are perfect for beginners




The pattern is emailed to you in a PDF.






















Check out the shop!
P.S. If I interpreted this correctly, it is permissible to use photos from Photobucket. Photobucket's terms of service is as follows:  


"By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Photobucket Services, you hereby grant to Photobucket and other users a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content marked "private" will not be distributed outside the Photobucket Services. Photobucket and/or other Users may copy, print or display publicly available Content outside of the Photobucket Services, including without limitation, via the Site or third party websites or applications (for example, services allowing Users to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content). "


Thank you LIttle Lizard King for coming over and sharing this!  This is so pretty!  Great job!

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow, those are some awesome things!!! Can't wait to see the other things you are going to introduce us to.

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said...

Cute stuff!! I love the diaper cover and her price for a pattern are just right.

Very talented lady!

Meet Virginia said...

These are so so fun!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia Crafts
Meet Virginia's Etsy Shop

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails