Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Guest Post from Posh Pieces!

Today we have Shannon from Posh Pieces!  She's one talented lady!  Shannon is having some Spring Parties, so please visit her blog to find out all the dates.

Hello Everyone!


My name is Shannon and I am from the blog Posh Pieces, a blog about crafts, DIY projects, decorating, and so much more. Lori is so kind letting me blog here today while she is away for the week.


I created something just for you guys today.


I bought this cute little hurricane style vase at Goodwill for one dollar. I don't care for it green though...
A quick and easy solution for it is to paint it. Virtually anything can be painted, and what a difference it can make.


When painting glass do a few light coats (like anything else) and make sure you watch for drips. It will dry very fast, and you can put another coat on within 20 minutes or so.


I decided to spray paint it white. Turned out cute right?




Cant even tell it was green before.



I also picked up a few of these plates at the dollar store the other day. They didn't have them in white, so can you guess what I did?


Yup! More Spray paint!


Then I decided to decorate it with some flowers out of a book of paper I have. I cut out the flowers that I wanted to use, and then I got out my other favorite thing, Mod Podge!


How do you like it now?



For more of this type of stuff, including some re-purposing, painting, and decorating, stop by for a visit!


You will find stuff like this below





I am having a Spring related blog party this Thursday and again in two weeks.I would love for you to stop by and join in the fun. Later this month I will be starting a new feature as well, featuring other great bloggers and their fabulous projects! 


Thanks again Lori for letting me be a guest today! 




Thank you so much Shannon!  I love everything!  Now let's show Shannon some blogging love and leave a bunch of comments!

3 comments:

Stef said...

Wow! I would have never thought to spray paint clear glass. Very clever - it looks great!

Lynette said...

That turned out super cute! I'm like Stef - I would noever have thought to spray paint glass!! Yours turned out fab!
Love it!!

Carmen said...

The vase and the plate both turned out so cute. Gotta love that white spray paint! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails