Saturday, April 10, 2010

Guest post from Stef at Girl Inspired

Today we have Stef from Girl Inspired!  She's another very talented lady!

Wow! I'm super excited to do a guest post for Lori while she if off playing at the beach!  So...hi! My name is Stefanie and with warmer weather on the horizon and Lori off at the beach, I felt motivated to share with you these super cute mermaid cupcake toppers that I created for my daughter's fourth birthday party.  They are simple and darling and I hope you love them!

Supplies needed:
mermaid stamp (or any design, really!)  This one is made by A Muse Artstamps
inkpad
markers
Stickles glitter accent (made by Ranger)
Clear dimensional embellishment such as Glossy Accents (Ranger) or Liquid Glass (Close to My Heart) 
cardstock
lollipop sticks
ribbon
hot glue gun

Step 1:
Stamp your image onto a neutral colored cardstock.  I used a vanilla/cream color as the base for the mermaid's skin.

Step 2:
Using markers, color in the mermaid's hair, eyes, and mouth. 

Step 3:
Fill in mermaid bikini and tail with glitter accents.  Allow to dry (or be very careful), then apply clear dimensional embellishment over hair.  Allow to dry completely.  Once dry, it will be clear and hard.

Step 4:
Using fine-tip scissors, cut mermaid from cardstock.  Apply a dot of hot glue to the back of the mermaid and glue onto the end of a lollipop stick. 

Step 5: 
Add ribbon accents.  You can either tie a bow and then hot glue the finished bow onto the lollipop stick, or tie the bow around the stick.  For me, the first was much easier!  Place the toppers into some swirly blue frosting and your cupcakes are ready for the party!!!

I will be posting some additional ideas from this fabulous mermaid party on my blog, Girl Inspired, over the next week, so check in!  I would be absolutely thrilled to have you come poke around my little blog corner!


Thank you, Lori!  I hope you come home from the beach relaxed and energized!!

Thanks Stef for posting these sweet mermaid cupcakes!  I'll be back tomorrow and I'm hoping to be relaxed and energized!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That is adorable!!! Great birthday party idea!

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

I think that this is super adorable! The whole party looked absolutely darling! I bet she was thrilled beyond belief.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails