Sunday, April 4, 2010

My new cloche...

I finally made a cloche!  I found this cheese dome and candle stick at a thrift store!
I got the cheese dome for $3.00 and the candle stick for $1.50.  I didn't think the price was that bad.


Don't you love the color of the candle stick?  I know I didn't like the color, so you know what I did, right?
You guessed it!  I got my spray paint out and spray painted the cheese dome and candle stick silver.


I then used my Gorilla glue and attached the candle stick and cheese dome.


I put my grandmother's tea cup in my cloche.






I think it turned out really cute don't you?

I'm linking to these wonderful parties HERE!

8 comments:

Allison Shops said...

I have some of my grandmother's tea cups too. Nice makeover.

Be sure to stop by AtticMag this week for a Giveaway!

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said...

Oh that is cute! I really like that. The big R seems to have some great finds!! It looks so nice with your grandmother's tea cup!

♥ Calamity Anne ♥ said...

Love how your cloche turned out!!! It's like winning the lottery when you find those cloches at the thrift store!

Laurie said...

Lori, what a wonderful job you did on your cloche!!! I'm in love with metallics, so I really like your way of combining the mod metallic with the tradition of the "cloche." I've bought 2 of these cheese domes at the thrift store, one with the brown wood base and one with a gray marble base. I've yet to find just the right candle sticks to attach to them, but I'm on the hunt! I'm thinking two different heights and use them together. I love your take on it and look forward to joining your linky party Thursday! Thanks for sharing!

Sylvia (at) Lily's Pad and Petals said...

Oh WOW Lori - I have an old cheese dome in my garage and just last week picked up a wide crystal candle stick while thrifting - definately will try this. Thanks for sharing,
Sylvia

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I'm so glad you made one too! I love that you painted it silver. What a great choice. I'm always in this black rut. I should start using other colors more. Your cloche turned out great!

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

SOOO cute! I have not yet been able to find a lil cheese plate. But when I do I will be making one of these. Love the base.

Heather@ My Frugal Family said...

I love it with the silver! I have a cheese dome, but it's larger, and I've been holding off till I find the PERFECT candle stick to use it.

Thanks for linking up with Talented Tuesday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails