Monday, April 26, 2010

One Bad Blogger!

I know I've been a bad blogger as of late, but I really do have a good excuse!

Back in September, I found a water stain on my kitchen ceiling (oh no)!  My bathroom happens to be above my kitchen, so you know that was not a good sign!  Needless to say, the drain under the cast iron tub was busted, so we had to ripe out the entire bathroom down to the studs!  You can go HERE, HERE and HERE to see the nightmare!  This project was not planned or in our budget.  Yes, we are still working on this great  pain in my you know what bathroom, and getting really close to finishing it up.  My hubby and I both work full time, and it's really hard during the week to find time to work in the bathroom.  This weekend we really pushed ourshelves and made big progress!  I pulled a muscle in my neck and back trying to get this room done!  Let me just say, I'm tired of bathroom, I'm tired of my house being dirty, and I'm just plain tired!!!!!!


Here is my new shower! It's not finished, but at least you can see we will have two shower heads!

The walls are painted.  The crown molding is put up.
We still need to install the sink, faucets, toilet, and shower doors!  Those are expensive items, so another few more weeks!

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm trying to finish my bathroom, so I will not be around a lot.  Other projects that I've been working on are now on hold...  I will still have my Get Your Craft on Thursday party, and hope y'all join me!  I hope to be back soon!

Take Care!
Lori

7 comments:

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
Your new shower is looking great. It does seem a long time ago that you started with it all. I am not surprised you are fed up and wanting to get it finished! It will be all worth it in the end. I look forward to seeing it all finished very soon.
Take care.
Lindsay
x

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

Oh man! What a lot of work!! I don't envy you, but pretty soon you will be enjoying your new bathroom! Hope your muscles get to feeling better soon!

Ms Bibi said...

I know what you mean. We live in unfinished house. Most of the things are done, but the living room and family room are still waiting for drywall and paint. Doing it without money is not fun.

Darcie said...

Remodels are A LOT of work...can't wait to see the finished product!

Meet Virginia said...

WOW Lori your shower looks so nice! I can't wait to see the finished product!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!

Jan @ bobbypins boardwalk said...

Lori, I hate to hear that you've been going through all that (although you are really getting a beautiful shower -- gorgeous).

I've been through similar homeowner catastrophes and it's really horrible, so I totally sympathize!

Hang in there -- looks like real progress is being made!

Ashlee said...

Ugh! I totally get it. We're planning on gutting and redoing the basement we're living in (my in law's) this summer. It will be fun, hard, and time consuming all at the same time! Your shower looks GREAT! can't wait to see it all done1

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails