Tuesday, May 25, 2010

~Pretty As a Picture~

My sun room has been finished for years, and I haven't decorated it yet...  I'm not sure what I want or how I want it to look.  Emily's getting older and I thought it would be a nice place for her and her friends to "hang out." 

Here is a view of my sun room!  See I have nothing yet, but working on it.


I decided to make some art for one wall.  I wanted to see if the colors would work before I went wild in here.  Here's what I came up with.


I bought 9 frames from the $ store, and scrap book paper from Michael's.


I liked the white frames, so I didn't spray paint them.  I can't believe I didn't use any spray paint for this project.  If you know me I just can't be happy with what I have.  I have to change things up a bit so, of course I decided to change some of the ribbon.  The ribbon on the frames were white, and I liked it, but I thought it was way too much white. 


I took off the white ribbon on some of the frames and replaced it with brown.
Now doesn't that look better?  I think so!!!

The ribbon of course was not the same size for any frames!  Well, what did I except for $1.00?  I had to fix all the ribbon, so my frames would be even.







I used two different prints!

Well what do you think?

It's a start after years of nothing in this room!

It's not quit the teenage "hang out" yet, but at least I'm getting started.  There's still a lot to do!

17 comments:

Jingle said...

That looks great!

Nana's Joy said...

Looking great!! Can't wait to see what else you come up with. That will be a great hangout room for Emily :)

Martina said...

Love Love Love The homemade wall art! Very Pretty!!!

BonjourRomance said...

Looks like you're off to a great start in this pretty room, I think it has lots of potential.
Mimi

Meg said...

I think it looks fabulous! I love the thickness of the frames. And the ribbons are adorable. Great start to your room!

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

What a great idea, they look so nice in your room. Can't wait to see what else you do, it's a beautiful space!
Hugz,
Kim

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said...

I love this corner!! Great job!! I like your pace...slow and steady. That is the way I get things done around here too!!

mbkatc230 said...

This looks great Lori. I love the different colored ribbons. And this is a great room, it's going to be a fun place to hang out. And tile floors - no Dr. Pepper stains on the carpet :) Sorry I haven't been around much, but it's been crazy busy starting this business and for some reason your blog disappeared from my reader? I'm going to go poke around and see if I can figure out why! Kathy

Shel at Dreamy Nest said...

Ohh pretty! I love the frames and the ribbon. Didja have spray-paint withdrawls while doing this project? ;-)

I love this sunroom! How gorgeous and what a beautiful space to work with.

Are you going to keep the walls that same gorgeous green color?

Becca said...

This is great! The ribbons add a nice touch. I hope you'll link up at Home and Family Friday!

Becca
http://becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

Decorchick! said...

I'm loving this! I've never seen those frames at our dollar store, but will probably go look tomorrow! Thanks!

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous & what a beautiful room!!

Tere said...

Great job decorating! Love all the little pics in a collage! Thanks for linking up @PonyTails&FishScales~Party Time Thursday!

terelauritsen.blogspot.com

C'est Magnifique said...

I love it, I may have to get some of those frames from my $ store!!

Tania

Lanie Ree said...

So pretty! I absolutely love how this turned out.

Thank you for participating in the Creative Therapy session over at Life in the Pitts!

★All Thingz Related★ said...

I love it!!
Thanks for sharing at Anything Related!

Christy said...

I am jealous of your sunroom! And I love how you used all of those frames! I have a huge wall to decorate in my bedroom and maybe I can use your idea with bigger frames! Thanks for the idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails