Friday, May 14, 2010

What a Day!

I had a wonderful Birthday!  Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes.

Look what I got....
I got a giant Gerber daisy!  I love it!




I also got a flip flop wind chime, and a toilet paper holder for our never ending bathroom remodel!



This Gerber daisy is called watermelon.

We all worked in the yard yesterday!  Steve trimmed the bushes, Emily pulled weeds, and I cut the grass.  It was wonderful, and that is what I wanted to do for my birthday!  I didn't need to get all dressed up and go out to dinner.  I just wanted to work in the yard. 


Emily also studied for her Social Studies test. By the way, she called a few minutes ago and told me she made a B.  Thank goodness!!!

I went a little crazy taking picturesof my flowers...  Did I tell ya? I love them...



After working in the yard, we had dinner! 

Yep, I went online and order us pizza.  Steve was going to make me chicken fettuicne, but it was late when we got done in the yard, and who wanted to make dinner?  I know I didn't and neither did Steve...



I had a wonderful birthday!


Have a great weekend everyone!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

The colors in the middle are so yummy like strawberry shortcake...

Happy Birthday!!

Darcie said...

I am in LOVE with your daisy too! Absolutely beautiful...makes me smile.

Happy Birthday to you Lori! You make 41 look great.

Debbi Smith said...

Hi, visiting here from New Friend Friday from The Girl Creative. Great blog! The pictures look great. Althought, I'm not sure which I like better, the beautiful flowers or the pizza. It's been awhile since i've had pizza...

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Happy Birthday to you my Dear friend...looks like you done hit the Motherlode once again...I hope all is well in your world...Have a GREAT weekend Dear one...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Blondie's Journal said...

It sounds like you had the birthday you wanted and that's the way it should be. Love your flowers! Congrats to Emily on her good grade!!

xoxo
Jane

Shel at Dreamy Nest said...

So glad you had a great birthday!!! :) Love the flowers and congrats to your daughter!

Shel at Dreamy Nest said...

I wanted to stop back by to tell you that I'm passing a Trendy Blog award on to you. :) You totally deserve it.

Stop on by and see why I chose you and pick up your award and pass it on.

xoxoxoxox

Tardevil said...

I just saw those gerber daisies @ Lowe's Friday night, and are they gorgeous, or what? Nice birthday gift! Glad you got to spend it doing what you love, with those you love! At least most of them! LOL!

Sharon@Keeninspirations said...

I'm glad that you had such a great birthday! I love the Gerber Daisies,they have always been a favorite of mine. I've never seen any with color like that though! Gorgeous!!
Please come by and enter my first give away for a ceramic chalkboard and set of chalKboard markers!
Sharon

Sandy said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you!!
So glad your day was wonderful!

Sandy
http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails