Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Get Your Craft on Thursday!

My daughter is visiting my dad and step mom in Baton Rouge, Louisiana for the week!  She flew down yesterday by herself!  What a big step!  I was a nervous wreck until I got the call saying she had arrived safely. She's growing up into a wonderful person!  I'm going to show you a few pictures of what she has done already!

The plane she was on!


When she saw my step mom!  The smile is  priceless!


Getting her luggage!


Trying on a Mardi Gras mask!  Too cute!


This is where they went today!  Houmas House Plantation in Gonzales, LA.
It's so pretty.


Wonderful gardens!


Don't you love the moss on the tree?  Boy, I miss Louisiana!
Tomorrow they will be going to New Orleans!  I'm so glad she is having a great time!


Now who's ready to Get Your Craft on Thursday????


RULES are very simple: Link to a specific blog post and not just your blog and don't forget to visit other participants and leave a comment. Please make sure you grab my cute button below (the code is on the right of my side bar), so everyone will know where to link to. Make sure you link back to Life As Lori somewhere on your blog...


Get your craft on Thurs.

12 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

how brave! i didn't fly by myself til i graduated college, lol. i'm a scaredy cat. i'm sure she's having a fab time, tho i bet it's hot there!

Leanne said...

She's so cute. Thanks for hosting.

Sharon@Keeninspirations said...

Thanks fo hosting Lori! It's so hard to let them go, isn't it??
I'm hosting a csnstores $45 GC on my blog. Please come by and enter!
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Sharon

Twincerely,Olga said...

great pictures! stopping by from Wordful Wed!!I am now following you

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

She looked very comfortable coming off that plane. Definitely growing up :) Cute post~ also linked you to my blog :)

Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating said...

Thanks for hosting and thanks for the BR pics! I'm from Louisiana but live in San Antonio now- Memories!!

malia said...

Looks like your daughter had a great time! Isn't that the best feeling as a Mom when you know your kids are having fun?
Thanks for hosting the party!

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said...

Thanks for hosting again!

Try as I might (7 times) to get a thumbnail up, it just wouldn't post. I have problems with inlinkz all the time. I tried different pictures, all to no avail. The text link does work, however.

All my pics are web-optimized, so I really don't understand the problem. If you have any advice, would love to hear. I'm contacting inlinkz now.

Thanks again!

AliLilly said...

WOW!! Your daughter is beautiful and brave!! My step daughter is coming out to visit us someday soon and she too will be flying alone for the first time too!!! I'm scared! hahaha!

Thanks for hosting! :)

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Looks like your daughter is having a wonderful time! I used to love to go alone to visit my grandparents! Thanks for hosting!

Melissa said...

I like the photo of your daughter with Mardi Gras mask but all of them are sweet and I am sure she is making great memories.

Jenn Erickson said...

Your daughter is darling, and it looks like she's having a wonderful time!

Thank you for the fabulous linky party. I'm thrilled to participate and look forward to visiting and linking up regularly!

Best, Jenn/Rook No. 17

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails