Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mosaic Birdbath

I was looking at my birth bath the other day and thought it was a little blah. I decided to spruce it up a bit, so what better way than making a colorful mosaic.


I went to Lowe's and bought some tiles!  Then guess what I got to do?  You guessed it, I broke them all, and let me tell you it was GREAT!

I then put each broken tile on the bird bath before I glued them down. I wanted to make sure everything fit and I had enough tile.  Once all the tiles were in there place, I used liquid nails to glue them down.


It took about 3-4 hours for the liquid nails to dry!  The next day I put my grout on.  After the grout dried, I put grout sealer on it as well.



Here it is all finished with water in it waiting for the birds to enjoy!




I think it turned out really well, and it was super easy!  The next time you look at your bird bath and think it looks boring go grab some tiles and spruce it up!

15 comments:

Kat said...

What a great idea Lori. I've seen some in garden stores that were already done, and they were pretty pricey. This came out beautifully - your birds are going to think they are bathing in the Taj Mahal :) Kat

Blondie's Journal said...

Very sweet...you did a wonderful job, Lori!!

XO,
Jane

Claire said...

Oh don't you just love the feeling of swinging that hammer and hitting those tiles!! It's quite a feeling-love your birdbath!

Creative Ambitions said...

Lori... love this! I've been wanting to do something mosaic for the longest! Your bird bath turned out great!

Suzan said...

Great idea and the birdbath looks terrific!

Hanna said...

Hi there! i am your newest follower from the weekend linky!!! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely!! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

I did this to my kitchen window sill, but now I NEED to do this to a bird bath. See what you've sparked in me? Just lovely!

a little bit of everything said...

I did this a few years ago to our bird bath using left over tiles from our remodeled bathroom. http://robertapm28.blogspot.com/2009/05/crafts-mosaic-bird-bath.html
You were smart to seal yours because I didn't and sadly it does not stand the test of time. Perhaps there is a tile sealant you can use as well. It was my tiles that deteriorated over time. Hope your work holds up because it came out beautifully!

★All Thingz Related★ said...

I love this birdbath! Very pretty!
{*Rebekah*)

Cecily said...

Lovely! Such a beautiful mosaic - great job!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

I love the added color! Very pretty. I have never tried moasics but would love too! Beautiful job. Hope you have a wonderful week! Visiting from BNOTP ~ Stephanie Lynn

Shelia said...

You did a great job! This turned out so cute! I know you're proud!! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Raggedy Kingdom said...

Love your bird bath. Hope I get inspired to do something like that.

Sheila @ Raggedykingdom.blogspot.com

Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating said...

Love this idea! Seems like you can use this technique on so many things. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Abi said...

hey that looks wonderful, i love mosaic in the garden. How do the birds like their new bath?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails