Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Get Your Craft on Thursday and a Valentine Candle!

I don't know about y'all but I'm getting really tired of the cold weather.  When will spring get here???  Not soon enough for me!

Thanks for another great party everyone, and thanks for linking up and making this such a wonderful party!

Valentine Candle!

I made a little something for Valentines and would love to share!  Actually, I made it last year, but I thought I would share it again!

I bought a candle, Diamond Dust, and Tacky Glue.

I put the Tacky Glue on first. I used my finger to apply the glue. I couldn't find anything else. I made sure it was put on evenly.  I then put the Diamond Dust on a paper plate and rolled the dust on the candle.

The Diamond Dust is on the candle. Wait for the glue to dry and you have a sparkly candle...


I put it in this glass jar and put hearts in it, and bam it made a nice center piece for my table..

It's easy peasy and looks good. Who doesn't like a little sparkle in their life?? I sure do love sparkly stuff.

Now let's Party!

Here are the rules just to make sure we are all playing fair:

1. Link to your specific post, not the main page of your blog.

2. Grab my party button so everyone can get in on the fun.

3. No advertisements for shops, websites, giveaways or other link parties please.

Get your craft on Thurs.
 

10 comments:

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Lori, This is a great way to dress up a candle. Thanks for hosting.
Hugs,
Sherry

the cape on the corner said...

oh, i love that sparkly candle, but the whole thing is super cute!

Lindy said...

Thanks so much for hosting!!!

AliLilly said...

What!! I want more cold!! I have a bunch of White Hot Chocolate that I got for 13 cents after Christmas just waiting for some cold! BUT I am in PHX! BOOO!!

Thanks for hosting, Lori! :)

Krafty Kat said...

Love the diamond dust! So pretty!

Lolly Jane said...

Those candles are SO PRETTY! Love the glow they give :)

Thanks for hosting!

Wendy said...

Loving the sparkle! Thanks for the party, there's some great projects this week!

Laurie said...

Lori, thanks so much for hosting your linky party! I love, love your sparkly candle! Great job :)

Brandy said...

Thanks for hosting. What a cute and simple "dress up" for a candle!!!

almostneverclever said...

Now I get the Darwin award for thinking the link party was yesterday and posting my project with last week's party. :)

Thanks for hosting!!!

Natalie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails